Friday, July 8, 2011

Return to Martinique Beach...Summer Version!

 Now some of you remember when we went to Martinique Beach recently with the massive wave show.
(Click both links above for 2 posts)
 Well, with this trip, the fog laid off the coast and even though visibility was reduced, 
the sun shone through with the delight of tropical breezes. 
 This beach is significantly different than our 3 beaches near home.
This one is super long...first of all...for all you walkers/joggers you will want to experience this  place.
It is 5 kms(3mi) long and you have to return, so.....
Secondly, the surf can be long like these photos or pounding surf like my last visit. <<(Click here)
This makes for a great stroll to hunt for sea glass...Did I say sea glass? Oh yes, I did!
 Thirdly, the sand is super hard, almost like cement in places, 
so I have to be careful that I don't play too rough and hurt my paws and joints. 
Unfortunately, this happened in 2007 and I had a recoup time of a couple of months.
 Fourthly, do you see humans...nope...nada...very few...so...what can I say
other than
PEACE OF MIND
REJUVENATION!
 I told you the beach is long and Jim and I were bound and determined to reach the other end.
 I split second training session thrown in, is just fine with me....really...I love it!
 We reached the far end and I beat Jim back....aaah!
Now, look who's all invigorated and looking all "Robinson Crusoe"!
A much need walk and mind flush,
this reality is so rejuvenating and necessary
every now and again! 

28 comments:

  1. First of all Sophie, we LOVE your new header. The colors are wonderful! And second, what would Jim and Ron do without you to take them to all these fantastic places?? Third, Mom is a California girl (old, but it's what's on the inside that counts, right?) That 5th picture from the bottom has her staring at her computer screen and walking off into the distance. She knows her beaches, and THAT is one beautiful place!! Thanks for sharing it with us, Sophie!

    -Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rottrover...thanks for the kind remarks...California girl...you gots one of dem in your house....way coolllllll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some beautiful pics. Looks like an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's what a beach looks like when 10 million people aren't sun worshipping on it! Who knew?
    Your Friend, m.
    P.S. I'll be Jim's Man Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gosh, that is one beautiful beach. I can see why you enjoyed yourself so much. Congratulations on making it there and back on that long stretch. That was good exercise. Someday, I will see your beautiful beaches with my own eyes, but, if I do, I'm afraid I won't want to come back home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool header Sophie!

    If wishes were horses.... I'd be riding along that beach about now, in a Mustang!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No one could be stressed after a wonderful walk like that....all to yourselves...that's paradise.

    XXXOOO Daisy, kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous shots...drooling from a landlocked TN girl...
    Sophie...love the new Pin-up shot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic beach ! Sophie you are one lucky girl x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color of the sand. You could run for miles on that beach
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah, new header photo is stunning. Gorgeous girl, Sophie. Gorgeous beach. Gorgeous photography too. (And I'm also a born and bred California girl...Sophie has a following.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The new header says summer to me.
    The beach is so pretty. I can't imagine why it's not swamped with humans.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have found the perfect beach. I love the solitude of some walks too and it sounds you found some interesting sea glass and, of course, some fun zoomies with Mr. Orangie (I'm sure it's somewhere in there). You have some great Dads!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gees Teresa, you've got to come visit or something...I don't know too many California girls.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, very Robinson Crusoe-ish. Where's Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You have 3 beaches close to your home? How lucky. And this beach is beautiful as well. You are one lucky pup! I love the beach, but we're about 5 hours away.. and it's a crowded beach. You go, Sophie-girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You all are SO lucky to have such an incredible beach within driving distance! Enjoy every foot/paw of it ;D

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm reading and running, so as to rest my back, by not staying on the Net, for long. :-)

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  19. I feel refreshed and rejuvenated just looking a the gorgeous pictures! Keep them coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. There's nothing like it - anywhere. A beach and a stiff breeze and all the cobwebs are blown away. That beach made me want to run in bare feet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks like a way fun place to be. I feel better just looking at your pictures. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  22. We need a vacation with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Y'all!

    I'm in love. My Human remembers a beach like that where they used to let there 2 dogs run...many years ago! It is now a super exclusive and very expensive ocean front community known as Hilton Head.

    Sophie, my old journal was on facebook. My Human hasn't looked into how to put my blogspot on facebook.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a stunning beach - I love the colours!

    Why is such a gorgeous place deserted?

    ReplyDelete
  25. ohhhhhhhh we wish we were closer and we could enjoy some good times together..
    the beautiful places in your photos,, call to us,,,,
    thank you for sharing your wonderful world.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  26. What wouldn't I do to dip my feet in that water, then stroll along that beach just now! :-)

    ReplyDelete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!