Sunday, July 10, 2011

~~~^^^^~~Flying Sand~~^^^^~~~

 Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
I digress.....!
 So, Martinique Beach really has "the" sand appeal.....
 See, I can lunge onto Mr. Orangie with the "2 paw spread-toed" dive
 always covering it with tons of sand.
Even if I hear...."Come on Sophie, bring it back"...
 my super quick capturing technique is immediately implemented.
Sometimes the sand partially covers me and my "beautious" look is totally obscured.
Other times I nose dive with a small burst of sand quickly settling.
 I return, in a split second, Mr. Orangie to Jim expecting another beeline/bull's eye manoeuver.
 Jim is pretty good to me and always gives me a pat on the back for good listening and attentiveness.
Satisfaction comes in many forms.
As we saunter down the beach,
we both know how good we feel 
and how much we have enjoyed
another visit to
Martinique Beach.
(anyone seen, my guy Friday?)
~~~

Some peeps have wondered why the beach seems deserted.

Well, a couple reasons deter the hordes
(which is a good thing in my books)

1. Distance from the city...an hour plus for some...
2. Fog banks mean coolness...
3. Weekdays vs weekends....we go in the middle of the week...guaranteed to have the beach to yourself...
4. Other beaches are closer to the city on the South Shore so quick access...
5. Weather can be fickle...sunny and bright at the turn off for the beach/park and overcast by the time you drive the 12 kms to the park entrance....one never knows what to expect....the South Shore main highway is only a couple kms from the beaches.
6. Eastern Shore of Nova Scotia isn't promoted as much as it could be...lots of pristine water views which peeps are just not aware of.
7. We don't have a huge population so there are only so many peeps who can visit our 3000 beaches. Oh, did I say that! You can have your very own beach to yourself in Nova Scotia...now that should entice you to come see me.

31 comments:

  1. 3000 beaches? No wonder you have so many beautiful places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Careful Sophie, I'm already drooling over your beaches. You just might find me on your doorstep one morning. Love your sand technique, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sophie, don't be so sweet, about advertising your good luck! You don't want to single-handed-ly bring on an influx of *tourists,* to your beautiful area!

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guy Friday here!
    So, can I buy some beach front property cheaply? m.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Y'all,

    Sigh, my Humans favorite place of all time is Nova Scotia, but I doubt I'll ever see it. They don't travel that far away anymore.

    I'm not sure I'd like all that sand and stuff in my mouth, hair and eyes. How do you ever get it cleaned out so you can go in the car?

    There used to be a deserted beach like that here...before my time.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophie - We're thinking we should hook up our food hauler and get to your beach post haste!!! Your very own beach - WOW! We live close to beaches but there are lots of rules and restrictions about dogs on the beaches! BOO! Also our beaches have sand fleas. UGH! Your beach sand looks like SUGAR! You're a lucky pup! Have fun!

    The Road Dogs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, beach property is for the taking various prices of course and I don't mind or even hesitate promoting my province 'cos it is a paradise to live here. Yes, weather can put a clincher on things but hey everyone has weather, right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sand and ball photographs -looks like waves of sand,very clever !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like beachfront property, but DH can't work up there and you have (shudder) more snow in the winter.

    Sophie, don't you get sand between your teeth?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, lucky you, such gorgeous places to run. I do hope you wiped your feet before going back into the house, that was a lot of sand you were digging up there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi and congratulations! I recommended your blog to receive All Things Dog Blog's Versatile Blogger Award. You can collect your award and read about the rules for passing it on at http://www.allthingsdogblog.com/2011/07/duet-of-versatile-blogger-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always such beautiful pictures! Lovely beach!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WE're sold!! Now we just have to convince Mom and Dad...

    Have a wonderful week, Sophie!

    -Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  14. I might take you up on this Sophie. Cold winters do not frighten me. :)

    Thank you so much for sharing your beach photos with us at YSB, Sophie. I truly appreciate your presence! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning! You're such a lucky dog Sophie. We LOVE the beach! Ros and Oscar

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning! You're such a lucky dog Sophie. We LOVE the beach! Ros and Oscar

    ReplyDelete
  17. My bags are packed!!
    Love all the sand flying up into poor Sophie's face. I hate sand in my eyes.
    Sophie, you've got it made!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I sense a bath in someone's future... :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful action shots! I don't know how your peeps do it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. 3 000! That's a lot of decisions to be made. Martinique looks like a winner. We'd love to run in that sand.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  21. We love watching you slide into home base on your sand, Sophie. Have you ever considered a professional Mr Orangie baseball ball career?

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  22. It sure is beautiful, Sophie, but I bet the water is cold! Hope you and Jim found some pretty beach glass!

    ReplyDelete
  23. so beautiful..we are in the midst of tourist season..yikes!!
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Sophie,, I know that sand is so much fun,, to dive into and get Mr Orange out!
    Those are awsome photos,, but please be carefuls the sand does nor get in your eyes. I get so worried about you.
    But then I think,,,,, you have wisdom, and I bet you close your eyes!
    Your beach is soooo beautious.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow..lucky girl...don't let Rooster know he will be jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great sand maneuvers Sophie :D And if you weren't a multi day drive away, I'd come visit and play with you on your beaches in a nanosecond!

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sophie, those are some great actions shots! I'll look for them on the cover of Sports Illustrated :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. You sure find the best spots to play with Mr. Orangie. There's nothing better than a ball and water and lots of flying sand!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love those sandy action shots! What a lovely place to play!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Did you say three thousand beaches???

    And yes, I can touch my tongue to my nose. Can you touch your tongue to your eye?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your photos are always so beautiful!

    www.twogradstudentsandapittie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!