Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Abby ~~~ Eager to Learn!

 Summer has hit us full force with super high humidity and temperatures.
 So to escape the uncomfortable heat we bee-lined it to the river that empties into the ocean.
It's only 5 minutes away by car, so when we decide to go, we are there before you know it.
 I met Abby, a year old Greyhound/Lab mix, who was full of vim and vigour. 
She is a rescue dog found at 6 months of age in a grocery store parking lot.
One ear is 'down for good' due to mistreatment, you'll see below.
So with that we greeted and the game was on.
 I started immediately teaching Abby "who's the boss" especially with Mr. Orangie involved.
 Abby said, I have my own Mr. Fuzzy Wuzzy so let's see what comes of this.
 Up and down the beach we tore and Abby was a real trooper.
 This is how you dig a hole, Abby. Come on try it!
 Now... don't you dare touch my ball.
"I hear ya, Sophie".... was all I heard for the whole training session.
To the other side of the expanse to cool off we ran...you can just see my head by the water.
Ron is so patient with me....must thank him when I get home.
He responds well to snuggles and licks.

21 comments:

  1. vim and vigor for certain.
    What a sad beginning for her. Glad she is happy and loved now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot and sticky here also, Sophie.. cooling of in the water with a new friend in tow makes for a fun day, especially with Mr Orangie and Fuzzy Wuzzy.

    Happy is as happy does,
    Crissy-doodle and Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Sophie!!! . . .and YEAH for rescue dogs...they are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophie, if you are going to wear a fur coat in the Summer, don't complain about the heat.
    Your Friend, m.
    p.s. "Snuggles and Licks" huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great playmate! Thank goodness Abby found a good home after her rough start in life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Soph I think you may have met your match with a greyhound/lab mix!? Looks like you both had a great time. Can't believe you are talking the H word - humidity! I didn't think it would get humid where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sophie, it's very nice of you to show Abby the ropes (and who's the boss!) Give ron an extra snuggle and lick from Stumpy!

    ^5!

    Happy, Waggin' Tails, FUREVER!
    Stumpy and me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sophie! You met a girl with as much energy as you!! Love the photo with all the paw prints!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. now that looks like a fun romp...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to hear of rescued dogs!

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy, does Abby look like fun! It's nice to know she now has a wonderful home like you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you found a good new friend in Abby. You and she had a wonderful time playing and running. I bet you got a bath when you got home, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Golly, you and Abby really tore up that beach, didn't you? Great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can see that you are very attached to Mister Orangey! I am that way with my Aerobie. Well..actually most of my toys.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a bonus to find Abby! Looks like you two were all over that beach.

    Be careful you don't bury Mr Orangie and lose him.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwww, it looks like they are having proper fun playing with each other. Don't you just love that?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks like one awesome day! I can definitely see the Greyhound in Abby's face. You are two pretty girls on the beach!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that photo of Abby looking back and Sophie digging. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great place to cool off!
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  20. sophie, you're such a good friend to all you meet! i am so proud of you...

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great pal you met at the beach! A lab greyhound mix, who would have thunk it? She's awesome!

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!