Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Trellis for Lunch~~~~




















"Snoozeland" is where my head was this morning when from out of nowhere I heard..."Let's go to The Trellis for lunch, Sophie. Are you game?" Hello...Did anyone ever hear me say "no" to anything? I don't think so. The reason being is that I knew where The Trellis Restaurant was located, not far from a few beaches on the South Shore. Swimming is definitely on the agenda for today...!

Hi..I'm in the car waiting...Is this a sign of being too eager?
We arrived in relatively good time because the tourist season isn't quite in full swing and the children aren't out of school until June 30....so there were no families on the road adding to the car numbers. 
Hey Jim...it's me...don't you remember me...your cute little doodle?!
What's with the looking straight ahead and ignoring me?
So...you do see me...don't you think it's cool where the car was parked..so nice and close!
Is Jim saying grace or just trying to hold his head up? 
I don't know.
Ron and I had a great chat about the trip while he sucked back his java.
Psst...hey Ron...don't you think it's time for a haircut...looking kind of shaggy! wink wink



This shop called 'For The Love of Daisy' was next door. It's a holistic shop for pooches and kitties. The last time I visited here I went inside and sniffed pretty much everything. The lady owner and dog friend were on a break today, so all I had a chance to sniff were the flowers. I do enjoy colourful posies.


The Trellis Restaurant is quite enjoyable especially in the summer with the outdoor patio.
Now that we have finished lunch we are heading down the road for a swim.
Drop by my next post and you'll see what I discovered and who I played with.
Next time....! 

18 comments:

  1. *sigh* must be nice to be a hop skip and jump from the south shore. guess we'll have to rough it on the rocky, rough North shore. sob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're all enjoying it, before the "Summer Hoards" descend! ,-)

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys should be paid to advertise your area! Everywhere you go is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophie, you're always ready for an adventure! ^5!!!

    Happy, Waggin' Tails, FUREVER!
    Stumpy and me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hungry just thinking about it! I think that was a pretty sweet arrangement you had there, but I prefer to sit under the table and offer my services as a taste tester when I go out to lunch with the humans!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice little place! Flowers are always good to sniff if there isn't any food!

    Maybe Ron has decided to grow his hair out, that would be different.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great place. We weren't invited.
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outdoor patio on a summer day -- bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sophie, seriously, stop calling them Jim and Ron!
    Your Friend, Uncle Mark

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good times!! Sophie, you should have your own TV show. Seriously - Coffee Talk With Sophie-Doodle. It's one adventure after another with you... Yep, I was thinking the same thing about Jim - he's saying gracie.. I mean.. grace. Nahh... he was holding his head up, right? I love that look on your face as you wait in the car for Ron to get done his java. This looks like a great place to eat. I love dining outdoors in the summer. Have fun Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lovely place for lunch, Miss Sophie. I'm glad that you got a chance to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you aren't allowed in the restaurant...or at the outside tables. What a brilliant parking space! You were very patient though, I would have been hanging out the window.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sophie, that looked a lovely place for coffee and you got so close! Although you're so good surely you could have sat under the table and nobody would have minded! It was outdoors after all!

    We love your new header photo by the way - its really beautiful!

    Can't wait to see the beach photos - Clive is going to be so embarrassed with all your swimming!

    take care
    Clive and Murray

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a pretty header, Miss Sophie, and that sure looks like a nice place to get a bite to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Sophie!
    Wow, looks like a great day out! Did you get some treats after the restaurant? Can't wait to see your swimmie pix.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's my kind of restaurant Sophie - looks like a perfect spot for lunch. I'd like to be there now sipping a big cup of cappy~~

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  17. I see why they call it the Trellis. Will grapes be dropping on your head in a few months??

    ReplyDelete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!