Sunday, May 29, 2011

Monkey Business!


This little gem of
an old-fashioned tea room
  called The Rose and Kettle
is my Grandpops favourite haunt.


Jim and his father are waiting patiently for their meals
when they look on the wall in front of them and spy
these two monkeys waiting to be snatched up.



These two monkeys couldn't be in better company than with these two jokers.


Look who's tapping their spoon and staring at my Dad, while waiting for Linda to come out with the meal.
Some people just love to tease.


I suppose you wondered where I was all this time.
Well I sat in the car and watched these ladies get ready for a children's party.


And the coolest thing happened earlier this morning....these lambs were born.
Can't you just see the kids' faces light up when they see them!






















But you know what?
The coolest thing is....
that I'm looking forward to seeing Grandpop's face light up when
he gives these two cuties to his great granddaughters today. 
I think Sarah Jane and Julia are going to be tickled pink.


PS......For all those people who commented yesterday on the Cherries or Plums post
WELL.....DRUM ROLL.....The 1st photos are CHERRIES
and the one's following Jim and me are PLUMS!
Were you correct?

PPS....Thanks for the support regarding My Conundrum the other day.
Many handy helpful hints and support have given me a better idea
of what I really should be doing in the Park with Sophie.
Can't wait to try a new recall system with sweetie pie
and I know she'll respond well.
A special treat will be used and it's just a matter of finding the right one.
Thanks again!

16 comments:

  1. Looks like you would have liked a cheeky monkey all of your own Sophie ? The cafe looks like its in a lovely spot-with nice views-just the job for some people watching and relaxing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie, I am so impressed that you didn't comandeer those monkies for your own purposes.

    Happy tails!
    Stumpy and her bean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable sock monkeys! But the kiddos enjoy them.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Tea Room! What a delightful place that must be!

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those monkeys are cute and you were such a good girl to leave them alone in the car. Looks like you were actually guarding them, just in case. The cafe is lovely and I can see why your grandpop likes it so much.--Inger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very huggable post. First I want to hug the lambs and then Granddad and the sock monkeys!!

    Wyatt's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those sock monkeys are just TOO CUTE! And I love tea rooms too -- the food there is often the best -- just like homemade!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jim and his dad are SO sweet! I bet the girls loved those mondeys!! You live in a beautiful part of the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sophie, you were sooooo good to wait in the car. Hope they brought you a little treat. Those monkeys are great. Bet the little bi-peds will have big smiles.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, those great granddaughters are going to be very happy with their new monkey friends!

    Your conundrum is so common for those of us with well-socialized outgoing dogs. I hope that you can work on it with Sophie. I love knowing people like you who really care that their dogs are well-mannered members of society, no matter how hard that is to achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a cool tea room, so quaint
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like grand pops is doing much better. We are very happy to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for monkeys! Looks like they were enjoying the ride home ;)

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like a great place to eat. It's good to see Grandpop looking so good after his being so sick a while back.
    Those baby lambs were so adorable! I'm surprised you didn't try to take one of them home with you..
    The monkeys are really cute. I'll bet Sarah Jane and Julie will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh those sock monkeys are going to have so much love!!
    I am so happy your dad and grandpa got them!!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!