Saturday, April 2, 2011

My Favourite Perch!


Every morning I run out into the backyard 
after having my meal
and head directly for one particular spot
on the east side of the property
which I find very tranquil.


Yes, my old reliable stick lays on the ground
waiting for me to scoop it up and give it a chew.


Once I finish the chewing I begin to survey adjoining properties with the off chance that a neighbour
maybe awake and has ventured out onto their deck or lawn.


Since I am pretty much surrounded with doggy neighbours
I know I'll have a chance to greet them with a friendly woof woof!


The most important part is to sit very still and just listen!


The birches always seem to gleam in the early morning sun.


It seems that this morning I may have gotten out a little too early
because I've been waiting for quite some time.


Oh well, at least, I can tell the guys 
I saw three croci poking their heads
 through the forest floor.
I know this will make them very happy!

20 comments:

  1. Lovely photos - and those eyes are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two always get out before me! So that's what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shots of you, Sophie! You are very easy on the eyes! Looks like Spring is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice place to live. Your eyes are stunning, but I've been admiring your nose. It's a great nose. What's your beauty secret?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty pawsome stick! What is it about early morning and listening to nature that's just something we like to do?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great "header" photo! Hope you find those neighbors, soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a patient puppy, Sophie. It looks like spring is just around the corner.. can you smell it?

    hugs and pats,
    Pam
    *Crissy says Hi..

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good to have some time to sit and contemplate each morning. Hope the rest of your day has been as peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sophie, your photographers always find the most perfect settings for you! You look enchanted! I like having a little think time to myself every morning, too!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a good, relaxing place to ease into the day.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that header! What an athlete you are, Miss Sophie. I bet you are very popular in your neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great way to relax!
    Sophie, You are sooo lucky, for living in such a beautiful place!
    The last picture of you it's really amazing!

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your header....you and Rooster would make great running pals....love the blooms...

    ReplyDelete
  14. That next to the last photo is very special. You are one beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. purrty walk. You sure found a good stick
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sophie
    I wish I could mosey along with you,, and enjoy your world.... it is so full of beauty
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  17. sophie, i have said it before but i'm saying it again.... the strands of colors of blonde in your hair are the most gorgeous i have EVAH seen, girl! i have not seen such a pretty doodle ever in my life. i love you sophie!



    who's a good girl....?


    where's your ball....? go get it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yep that would be my favorite perch too :)

    Wishin I could wag at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these photos- you have such a great place to run and play. You look so pretty in these photos!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!