Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lumpy Bumps!

Sometimes, when we descend upon the beach
we discover some unusual (to me) 
things that just defy my imagination.
Now, what is this huge thing
plunked on the beach at the further end?

Jim seems to be zeroing in on another huge monstrosity.
He used these photos for a post just the other day.(click to see)

This kind of mystery just intensifies my sniffing,
'cause I just can't seem to figure out how they got on the beach.

See what's ahead of us!
Those big lumps and bumps in the water.
Just a minute,
I dropped my ball!

Hey, it just dawned on me,
I think those lumpy bumps are coming from the ocean
or at least,
the ocean is making them visible.

This beach is really so much fun.
I know the next time I go,
either the lumpy bumps will be super visible
or they will be covered over with water.


20 comments:

  1. Hey Sophie!
    Wow, you've got the coolest beach ever! Love the lumpy bumps, whatever they are. Pretty neat stuff and your pix are great. Enjoy the walk/run/sniff.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sophie Dear, this is my THIRD try, at making a comment go through. -pout- See, I do have problems at times. ,-)

    Anyway, I try againnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

    Are those regular ski poles, used for walking on the rocky beach? Or are they some sort of special-for-walking poles? Please and thank you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fairly nice day to be out on the beach and wondering about the lumpy bumps! Have a great day, Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have such a beautiful play ground...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those lumpy bumps are intriguing. But, somehow they seem to fit right in on your lovely beaches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shots! Can't wait to hit the beach with Toby, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it must be fun to live in such a beautiful place where things are always changing! You're a lucky girl, Sophie!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. maybe its a ginormous turtle shell
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find it amazing how much the beach can change over the coarse of one storm. Our waves are not so large and it takes years to unearth such kewl lumpy bumps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's always a surprise for you, Sophie. Hang on to that ball.

    XXXOOO Daisy, kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  11. The ocean is magical. Your so lucky to live where you do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every time I see your photos Sophie, I'm amazed at 'your' everychanging beach. Great fun for all I think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a dog's viewpoint, Sophie. You find fascination in everything, and that keeps life so much more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What cool big lumpy things! Weird to think of them being under the water where nobody can see them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have such a great beach to play on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lumpy bumps? Sophie! Don't scare me like that. I thought you had lumpy bumps on your belly or something. These are not bad lumpy bumps though... Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Has the ocean ever swept your ball away?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sophie!
    Beautiful beach!! Wild lumps & bumps!
    Don't lose orange ball :)

    Sweet hugs,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!