Sunday, March 27, 2011

In The Heather!


I met Deacon, a Vizsla, yesterday in Point Pleasant Park.
I used my "Let's Play" manouever with him and he played right into my hands.
Just like a good bluff in bridge, I think!


The heather was the perfect place to rest our haunches
and for me
to figure out how to get that ball back in my mouth.


Deacon was a sleek and strong competitor.
I really noticed that he 'clicked into' the process immediately.
Not too often do I find a willing and able 4 legged that plays so well.


Nice shot of our backs walking side by side
across the road to another patch of heather!


We charged into the humongous heather bed 
and from out of nowhere came
 Sierra, a Heinz 57,
wanting to try her stealth moves to secure the ever-elusive orange ball.

So, what happens?
Until next time
hang in there!

18 comments:

  1. If I didn't know the answer to this, Sherlock, I'd be going crazy with suspense!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've met your match, Sophie! Hope you got your ball back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had several posts to catch up on, and enjoyed reading every one. Beautiful photos, Ron. And not just the scenery and Sophie, which would make any photographer look good. But, you truly take great shots!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Y'all!

    What great fun! Bet you slept great when you got home!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing quite like playing games, with your equal, is there, Sophie?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's right. Taunt "the Old Girl" (me) with action shots. >,-) With how you have a grrrreat camera which will capture action. -pout-

    Needless to say, I do not. :-))))))))))

    All I get is blurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :-)

    -chuckle-

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors in these shots is very different...beautiful. How sweet it is, that you have such a park, where all these pups can meet and play together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, no fair! A cliff-hanger! I want to know what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes...Lori...the colours were on the burnt sienna/copper side of red brown...very noticeable...the dogs fit in perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are tricky aren't you...looks like your having fun

    ReplyDelete
  11. That last dog looks like a wolf! m.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful photos - the colours are fabulous!

    Can't wait to hear what happened next!!

    take care
    Clive and Murray

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those pictures are just beautiful. You both look brilliant in the heather. Hope you can keep hold of your ball.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sophie girl- such great photos! Loved seeing you have fun with your friends. I am betting this story has a good ending--
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  15. sure looks fun..hope you got your ball back
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm guessing it's a win-win situation and Sophie gets the ball back!

    (Can you believe the verification word was pupsyche?? true)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow! What fantastic colors and motion in your pictures today, Miss Sophie!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool re: word verification...this happens to me a lot as well!!!

    ReplyDelete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!