Monday, February 21, 2011

Full Moon Wave Action! ~~~~a la Windsurfer^^^

I and my guys were mesmerized by this daredevil.
This windsurfer was very early in the season
but I'm so glad we were able to capture the essence of the pure action.
~~~
We had rounded the second beach and lo and behold we spied
this person assaulting the waves near the far shore.

MacDonald House tearoom, thrift shop, art gallery and surf shop loomed overhead.

The adventure continues...

It's amazing how Mother Nature can offer such beautiful views.

















I still can't believe there wasn't anyone else taking advantage of these waves.

This "neck of the woods" is well-known in the surfing community 
along the Atlantic coast between Florida and Timbuktu
(meaning anywhere along eastern North American coastline)

Even the lonely seagull seemed interested in this human daredevil

Amazing how much this view reminded me of a monarch butterfly!

~~~
I just wanted to offer you this moment I experienced
and next time I will show you a bit more of my new friend Gibson, the Red Border Collie
enjoying his brief moment of dogmania around the next bend on the beach.


~~~

19 comments:

  1. Awesome waves! That person is brave to be in those big & choppy waves. What a fun day at the beach!!
    Wags
    Ernie,Sasha,Chica

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was cool! And I bet it really was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and brave! Maybe a little foolhardy, if there was no one else around to rescue him if anything happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so can I just say that your photos of the windsurfer are beautiful, but the last photo.... priceless! LOVE IT! Doodle on Sophie! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why it reminded you of a butterfly. What a hardy soul...out there in that freezing water. Excellent photos AGAIN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That windsurfer is a hardy soul! He has on a wet suit, but still . . . darn cold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that looks cold.

    Last week Pugs and I spyed a young man with one of those kites that you use with a surf board, on an inland lake. Of course the lake was frozen and he had a snow board. Looked like a lot of fun skimming across the ice. Could only imagine waves. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We think that man is nutty for being out there, BOL
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that looks like wicked surfing waves, but wasn't it really cold? I love that picture with the house on the hill!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Wet suit, dry suit, whatever, he must have been freezing after the exhilaration wore off.
    I'd love to enjoy the scene from McDonald's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful! I love the tea room and shops that sit above in the one picture. The one picture does bring to mind a monarch butterfly.... nice! Can't wait to hear about your new friend Gibson.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The fool, beautiful pictures, but the men in the white jackets should have met him on the beach!

    Pic of Sophie & Friend - Great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. FUN CITY!!!
    I love the last picture too!
    xxoo
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Burrrr, looks cold to me. I am glad it was not the monarc butterfly. It would be so wet and cold.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, already? i hope he had appropriate clothes on so he wouldnt freeze to death!! i love watching waves and boaters and surfers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, we have got an award for you, would you come by to collect it please?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photos- gorgeous wave action- love the "monarch butterfly" photo! Looks freezing cold there-
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  18. The hardest I've ever been hit in my life was when I lost it windsurfing. One uses a harness that connects a belt to the sail, and if the wind picks you up off the board, you come down really hard. I actually saw stars. Real stars.

    Beautiful dog. My beautiful dog sends his regards.

    ReplyDelete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!