Saturday, June 22, 2013

Sore Paw Saunter


Well, it seems an old injury from my youth
has come back to haunt me.
My front right paw is very sore
and I'm limping now.


Managing the rocks and pathways
has to be done slowly.
Jim shows me the easiest route to take.



Along the harbour shoreline at Point Pleasant Park this afternoon
we saw so much on the water near this old fortress.


~~~ group after group of youngsters learning how to manouevre their boats ~~~


~~~ different sizes and ages all within a stones throw of each other ~~~


~~~ some people nearby were satisfied to just sit and take in the moment
of peacefulness and tranquility ~~~


My favourite path is so much easier on my paw.
I super sprained it on Labour Day 2008
and I had to pull way back with activity.
It seems it's vulnerable 
and any unnecessary hops or jumps
set it off.


Now as I saunter along quiet paths
and sniff the remains of old trees ~~~


and deal with the grasses tickling my nose


I look forward to the day when I can stand up straight and tall
like these sedges not feeling any discomfort.


The clouds seem to suggest that my hopes will become so,
if only I could remember 
not to be so excited sometimes.


I am listening Jim,
honest!
I try so hard to be careful
and the guys say
 I'm so much better than I used to be.




22 comments:

  1. Poor girl! Hugs and kisses to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry ~~~ Sophie is asleep now!!

      Delete
  2. We think swimming would be good exercise for your sore paw! Hope it heals soon.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swim when I go to the park, just one problem is the distance from the parking lot to the swim beach. I take it slowly tough!

      Delete
  3. Poor Sophie! I hope your old injury settles down soon and you're back to full power!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you poor thing your have had a rough time of it lately. I hope you paw heals soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your feets get better
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sophie- we all need to slow down a little.
    I hope slowing down will make you paw all better,
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sophie...maybe you need to wear some booties for awhile....

    ReplyDelete
  8. keep taking it slow and be patient, I know it's hard sometimes! I just noticed you got your summer cut and now all your curls are gone, I get mine tomorrow so we will both be sans de curl. Oh well, my mom says it's better than all the shedding I seem to be doing lately...must be summertime. take care my lovely....Charles in charge, in washington.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sophie! Hope you feel better soon. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your paw feels better soon. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor Sophie - Boris sends a lick. Feel better soon and remember to listen to your Dad's and take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We just LOVE that last picture of you, Sophie! Go easy on your paw. We want you back to 100% soon!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sophie, you live such an active life and getting injured may be part of that. Just like those big athletes one sees on TV. I hope you are listening to Jim and Ron and taking it easy. Maybe better stay off those rocks for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sophie- I can't stand it-- I worry a out you girl--- want you to be on the mend. I know your Daddy's are taking good care of you. Looking forward to hearing that you are better---- (if you need a nurse-- you just bark and I'll be there!)

    Love
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi S!!
    Great Days you have!!
    Our pups are now gone...a Little bit sad. Our Dad was very sad about them leaving. He was with them the last 3 weeks. I had to work.
    But they are in good families and I will update whats going on.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stay on the softer paths, pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Y'all!

    Sophie, my paws are crossed your paw is "all well" soon...really, really soon!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Poor Sophie. I'm sure swimming is a huge relief to the paw. But make sure she's not just looking for sympathy. I had a friend who's dog broke her leg when she was a puppy. For the rest of her life, every time she got in trouble she lifted her paw and looked up woefully.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woooof everyone!!

    I am resting/convalescing and just plain soakin' up the LOIVE from everyone!!

    LICKS to ALL!!!

    Sophie *stretched out over my comfy bed* Doodle here!!

    ReplyDelete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!