Thursday, December 29, 2011

Doggy Appreciation Night!

 Jim, Ron and I were invited to Ron's cousin Anita's house
on Tuesday. I tried to be on my best behaviour because my over exuberance
can stress some people and I certainly don't mean to uspet anyone.
Ally and Anita couldn't keep their hands off me....SMILES!

Trivial Pursuit(Canadian Edition) was a blast as usual... see the cherub(symbolically that's me)...
just look at those eyes and I definitely am a sweetheart
Roll again...kinda/sorta...that's me making friends as usual...rolling from one hand to another.

 I truly think I'm in love with Carolyn, Anita's youngest. 
Her glasses match my fur so we are definitely
kindred spirits. 

Carolyn flew home last week from Southampton, U.K.
She's a smarty pants taking her PhD for the next three years.
I have to get all my lovin's in because I might not see her again until next Xmas.

 Anita told me that she looking for a new doggy.
How exciting is that!
The chances of a new friend is just too much for me.
I could teach my new cousin some cool tricks....like begging!

 I'm in a bit of a blurr with Ally petting me and Anita stroking my back.
I think I'm amongst dog people!

 Crokinole was the second game on the agenda.
As you can see Anita can't let me go.

 Jim's turn to flick the piece off the board and score a big one.

 This the first time playing this game for Jim and me.
Ron played it as a child.

The rules for this game are located a few pics back
just click on the Crokinole link.

Do you think I was successful in renewing my appreciation for Carolyn?
She's pretty cool, you know....
what human would lay down on the floor
and rub my chest?!


21 comments:

  1. Oh to be so loved... and so content.

    I've never heard of Crokinole. Am now going to read about it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have found a great friend in Carolyn! You know she probably flew home just to spoil you. Crokinole, we LOVE that game. We have my husbands board from when he was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sophie!
    Wow, I'd say you've got those peeps right where you want them! Good training on your part. Who could resist you anyway? A peep on the floor with us is always a great thing!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks as if you have a captive audience ready to spoil you completely. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. A dog can never get too much lovin'! Lovely pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you charmed them, Sophie!! We love that last picture!

    -Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  7. We originally came from Southampton! (I was brought up in the New Forest which is just west of Soton) and go back from time to time...small world aye:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are dog people for sure....or at least they are Sophie people.

    Interesting game.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think they just made up the whole game night thing to have an excuse to adore you, Sophie! We had game day at Grandma's house this week, and it was awesome until the cat attacked me!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Y'all,

    Wow! Your cousin looks really neat! How special! Layin' on the floor and rubbing your chest! Wow!

    Y'all come back now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sophie, looks like you were spoilt rotten!!

    take care
    Clive and Murray

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miss Sophie, you sure do have some admirers! And I'm not surprised because you are gorgeous smorgeous ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think Carolyn is going to miss you some!! Winter and games just go together like hot chocolate and marshmallows in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you did just fine Ms Sophie
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like you were in your element, Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sophie, just look at you getting all that loving! Good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Trivial Pursuit because my mind is full of those crazy little facts that I just love. Your evening was certainly spent among dog people who know what a real treasure you are Sophie!!

    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ HAPPY NEW YEAR SOPHIE AND RON!!*´¨)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah, Carolyn is showing her submissiveness! Awesome humans you have there!

    And speaking of being a cherub, I think doggies are way more awesome. Cherubs don't have fluffy bodies like you do.

    Happy New Year,

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun evening! Warm wishes to you all for 2012.

    H and Flo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your (new?) blog banner in the snow! Such striking eyes.

    Glad you had fun at the party. Looks like you distracted people enough so your daddy could win a game :)

    Have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i've never heard of crokinole, but would LERVE to learn and play it... looks fun. can you get them in the states?

    diane and i absolutely love to have friends over for a game night, good snackies/dinner... i wish we lived closer...

    ReplyDelete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!