Monday, June 28, 2010

Who's Flying Now?



...at the end of Lawrencetown Beach is a rather large hill 
called Hawkin's Hill
which we haven't scaled in a couple of months. So.....


...we headed up and with the fog bank hugging the beach and lowland areas we thought that the view from the top would be pretty much 'nothing'....


...the lake on the east side of the trail is Porter's Lake and was somewhat visible with wisps of fog floating by...


...with Ron lagging behind, I decided to hurry him up and charged down the hill to give him more support...you can do it!


...here I come watch out...YES I WAS FLYING...such freedom and so I continued closing in on Ron with tongue just a waggin'...


...since I FLEW down the hill, I figured I could FLY up the hill...SEE!


...this view was my undoing...Look but don't leap...I know what the guys were saying over and over again!


...just too steep to go down for a swim....I love water and to give this up was so disappointing....


...with most of the lake visible now we headed back...



...we trudged down the hill passed the swamp...you can see I'm on a leash...no chance of diving in today....next time for sure...


...the surfer's were visible now with the lifting of the fog bank...I'ts always the best time because the air smells sweet with salt as well as the new spring/summer grasses...


....speaking of which, Jim taught me how to make beautiful music with a blade of grass...SEE!


...nothing to it, he says, next time....I've got some sniffin' to do....


...and what I mean by 'sniffin', is a Doberman I could sniff from miles away..truly!


...we finally made it back to the boardwalk, had a short rest and proceeded to the car. 

Once again, we had a great adventure topped with the blue, blue sky; how soon we forget the gloomy grey foggy day. The return home to the backyard was so welcoming. I love my home!