Tuesday, May 25, 2010

SOOO.....HOTTT!!

Yesterday proved to be the hottest day so far this year 30 degrees C....My body couldn't take it. Since the boys were busy cleaning out the shed (why you say?) the only relief I found was below....


hiding under the Japanese Maple...I figured this was as good a place as any. The pool wasn't doing it anymore...I was hosed down a couple times yet...


only Mother Nature seemed to afford the relief I needed. Besides I thought I looked pretty good under the lacey leaves of the Waterfall Maple.


This is my refuge spot from now on....boy am I learning fast...only took 3 years.

PS....yesterday's blog answer to the 'hair raising' photo is Sophie's blond(really) blond nose hairs...check it out!

8 comments:

  1. My dog is 7 and black and STILL does not seek shade when he is hot. You are so smart, Sofie! And adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some sweet pix of you Sofie!! We've still got the rainy stuff here, so haven't had to find the shady spots yet. Stay cool my friend.

    Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those green leaves go so well with your red fur. So what was that thing yesterday -- did you ever let us know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes..it's my long blond nose hairs, really, floating up to the heavens....Canyon Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sophie
    I love that beautiful waterfall maple. Is that its real name? My moms love plants and trees, and well- you know, I love mother nature stuff.
    Your such a pretty girl. I hope you stay cool in your shade.
    I don't have to worry about shade.
    All we have is rain and clouds and mud puddles
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophie you look soooo pretty under there & much cooler

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear it is so hot there. You are such a smart girl to find the relief you needed under that beautiful maple. Although you do outshine that maple!! Sending cool thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!