Tuesday, January 13, 2015

WINTER HAS ARRIVED


The cold winter winds have been blowing over our world for a while now
but today I found out just how cold it was.
While they caught up with all their blogging, facebooking, photo editing and 
whatever social media that grabs their attention.
I 'zenned out' on my huge mammoth squeak toy
shaped like a giant marshmallow.
I then began staring at the guys
which means in Doodle language
"it's time to vacate the premises
and
go get some exercise".
Well, it took the usual amount of time to get ready
after the guys put on all their layers
and
I put on my PURPLE JACKET.

The roads were super icy 
and 
Daddy Jim said he had everything under control
~ not to worry.

We made it there safely 
open the doors to brave the winds.
It was so cold,
a damp cold,
that chills the bones.


We began walking being vigilant of snow covered ice.
Heading for the beach to check out the waves as usual ~~


we noticed some odd snow covered grass.
The usual thin blades were clumped together with very thick snow.


Following the path along the dunes was the icing on the cake
so bitter the north winds 
that we immediately headed back to the car.


Then it happened my front right paw froze.
A quick defrost moment and a marathon run to the car.
"Hurry let's go"
was all I heard.


Phew, that was a close one.
PURPLE BOOTIES next time 
winter's unrelenting cold has arrived!!!

21 comments:

  1. Oh Brrrr, that sure looks very cold.
    I luffs your purple coat, it does look nice and snuggly warm!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't dare want you to tag along PL because it really is so very ch-ch-ch-chilly!!!

      Delete
  2. It looks cold. Here too but no snow. I have the chills, just looking at the pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Electric blanket works perfectly well........except you need a LONG extension cord......LOL !!

      Delete
  3. It looks cold, but with a stark beauty, in your neck of the woods. Keep those paws warm, Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Booties for the 4 feet on the next journey for sure!

      Cheers!!

      Delete
  4. stay warm Sophie-purple booties for sure-hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brrrrrrrr! That bone-chilling cold. Glad you're keeping your ball from freezing, Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing worse than a frozen Mr. Orangie......I do respect my Mr. Orangie!!

      Delete
  6. Winter is certainly here, Miss Sophie! Stay warm and be careful out there. It doesn't take long to get frostbite. Keep those pretty paws protected!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure will Martha......I suspect your world is white and chilly willy too!

      Be careful! But take mucho photos!!

      Delete
  7. That last photo made me shiver.... Brrrrrrrr! Stay warm, Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So if you are shivering inside and on the West Coast in Paradise ~~~ just imagine being in the wind and biting intensity of Mother Nature here......so cold!!

      I'll suffer to bring you more though!!

      Winks!

      Delete
  8. Stay safe and warm Sophie,
    that looks super cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had "Feel-0-Vision" I could let the cold breezes blow off the screen......jumpin's just put your head inside your freezer.

      That's it you got the feeling now!!

      Delete
  9. Brrrr!, that does look cold. Keep warm Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the coldest day so far this winter ~~ paws are crossed that this may be it ~~ I'm not tempting fate or anything though.

      Delete
  10. I think your very smart for wearing your purple jacket Sophie,,,,, to keep that cold off your bones!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!