Thursday, January 1, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE PARK


The snow started spitting as we ventured
 from our warm, cozy car in
 Point Pleasant Park yesterday.


 I hit the jackpot this day
checking out new friends 
as you'll see,
from this Newfoundland mix ~


to this scamp
 (the puppy that is, winks )
who did a speedy 360 sniff around me 
and 
then took off 
like a comet ~


to this Portuguese Waterdog
who spun around me so fast
that I almost lost my balance
Fast ~ is an understatement ~ my friends.


This feller was smaller than me
so 180 degree turns are super easy
without any consequences
like slipping or falling down ~


however the best part was discovering the park pond


covered in a sheet of ice 
with skiffs of snowflakes 
flying across the smooth surface ~~


but the coolest part was finding these words
floating under the ice near the waters edge!

Did I surprise you?

HAPPY NEW YEAR
EVERYONE!


18 comments:

  1. Haha lovely surprise!
    Happy New Year Sophie and to your Dads too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year darling Sophie
    Best wishes for a great 2015 to you and your Dads
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the surprise ☺
    Happy New Year to you and your dads, Sophie!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved the surprise-very cool how they did that and I love your pretty coat Sophie-great color Have an awesome New Year

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely place to end the year. We wish you and your dads all the best for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year back at ya Sophie !

    Do you ever watch "22 minutes" ? The old ladies skit is often taped beside that pond.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year, Sophie! (Your Dad's too)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year, Sophie! I hope you and the guys have an awesome year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right now I'll trade you the snow for our freezing rain, lol. Happy new Years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, Miss Sophie, to you and your boys. I wish the east coast three amigos a wonderful year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year Sophie, Ron and Jim!!

    -Bart, Ruby and Otto

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, they always say start as you mean to go on, and we think you're off to a good start for 2015! Hope you have a wonderful year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks so cold there! Hope you all have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year friends
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year to all of you!!!!! What a wonderful walk in the park.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you're a scamp, SophieDoodle! And you look fetching in your purple and black coat! But where are your purple booties? I loved your surprise, and please tell Daddy Ron that I love his creativity! Happy New Year dear Sophie ~ to you and your dads!

    ReplyDelete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!