Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Storm...athon!

As I slept and dreamed in a hazy fog,
this is what was going on outside.

 Mighty nasty looking clouds were gathering....

 to dump buckets of rain and hail on us.

 The brightly lit sky out to the right of our driveway 
is over the beaches.

 These mammoth grumbling clouds 
were above
our heads.

 I don't think I'd want to be driving in this weather.

 There's something beautiful about the giant angry clouds.

 ~~~Beauty and awesome grandeur~~~

 Would this work for a provincial promo?
Not likely,
but it is interesting.

This storm blasted the b'geesus out of us all night long,
particularly the midnight clap of thunder
that knocked us out of bed (slight exaggeration)
but it sure felt like it.

No matter I continued on in my dream world,
wondering about peach shortcake
and my cousins who
came to see me today!

16 comments:

  1. Those are sure some storm clouds! Hope you keep safe! :)

    Woofs & hugs <3,

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers!! Awesome summer storm clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty stormy looking! When I am safe, I sleep like a baby during a storm at night - maybe just like you Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The clouds are beautiful....if you don't get any damage.

    Can't believe Sophie slept through that....clear conscience, maybe?

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    Psssst Sophie, we just read that you might be going to Dog Daycare for awhile. Just a heads up, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mean you weren't scared, Sophie? I would have been velcro'd to mom or dad all night long! Stoopid Mitch would have slept through it like a baby!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are gorgeous scary clouds! Glad you are all safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We found you on the hop today and decided to come say hello. We are two miniature schnauzers and my mom loves taking photos of us too! Your storm photos are pretty cool, kinda scary at the same time! Happy Wednesday :)
    yuki and rocket

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't believe you slept through that!

    Love,
    Amy, Swift, and Kool

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific pictures, very glad that you were able to sleep through that storm buddy! Happy Wordless Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping through...
    Beautiful blog and dog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a brave Sophie-Doodle. My sister paces and pants a lot and I bark and growl, when it is stormy.

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh Sophie,,
    those clouds look monsterous!
    I bet they were so loud!
    Your right,, they are beautiful... but more powerful than any bark that I know... do you agree?
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  13. they look like Florida storm clouds Sophie..

    Snuffles from Gary x

    ReplyDelete
  14. one of my favorite things is an approaching storm, be it summer or winter, i lERVE them both. i think it's the threat of bad weather, mixed with the beauty they portray, and the color changes that affect me. i have always loved storms, since i was little. those are some very beautiful pictures, and they bring me comfort.

    thanks for sharing. oh, and yes sophie, another fave thing is curling up with the ones i love during a good storm, feeling snug and safe together.

    ReplyDelete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!