Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sunny Morning!


As I stood outside near the Weeping Mulberry
drenched in the morning sun,
word had it Marilyn, Jim's sis was coming for a visit 
and a walk on the beach!


The guys weren't pulling my leg...
There she was taking a tour through my garden.
Let me out there, please!
She needs a good sniff and lick ;-) !


Before I knew it,
we jumped into the car
and headed to the beach.
Now that's good decision making!


OK, Ron, is this posey enough!
It's cold and windy for Pete's sake! brr,brr


This was a beautiful walk this morning.
I had to round them up continually!
You may see some tails wagging in the grass
 as I mentioned in my last blog to Houndstooth.
(Look real hard and if you pretend you'll see them)


One important part of my walk this time of year is
the feast of rosehips.
I discovered I liked these last year.
The long growing season this year
has produced some mighty huge berries....yesss!


This part of the 'follow the leader' walk is my fave
and it captures the feeling of
'sunny, cold and windy'
...my kind of weather.
So refreshing!



18 comments:

  1. Ooooooo, I can feel that biting sea wind from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fun...but....COLD!!
    32*F here this AM.....there was frost on the pumpkins!!

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRB...32*F is 0*C so I guess that means we are warmer than you 'cause we are 8*C now. Dem pumpkins loves the frost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look bright and sunny, but your humans looked chilled to the bone! I can almost see Marilyn shivering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brr....beautiful, but very cold looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking a little brisk (cold) to me!
    We have wild rose hips here too. People collect them for jelly and tea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo! I think I do see a tail in the grass! That's pretty darned brisk, though! I'll be wearing my warm jacket!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. It DOES look cold! But it looks like a great walk. Glad your auntie showed up so you could go.

    Our overnight temp has been 12*C!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks pretty chilly out there along the beach....look at the white caps on the ocean! Still, if the sun is shinning, it's a great day and I bet you had fun.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures. Sure looks a bit brisk
    Snorts and Snuggles,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. We just love to come and look at your beautiful face surrounded by all the beauty!!! Its sooooo beautiful where you live!!!!


    Hugs & smoochies!!! XOXO
    Hailey & Lala

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sophie, I just want to know exactly what was on your mind in that first photo. You look so serious... and like you had something you needed to say. What Sophie? What is it? That face is just so full of thought...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Bobbi...All I wanted was my breakfast.Really. Photo shoots are so time consuming!

    ReplyDelete
  14. BRRRRRRRRRR! My Florida fur is shrinkin just from thinkin bout that cold wind.

    Waggin at ya troopers,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a series of beautiful pictures!

    It seems you had a good fun over there but the sea looked a bit rough though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cold, windy days are great with me. My humans, however, are weak! Or at least some of them are.

    lotsa licks, Lola

    ReplyDelete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!