Saturday, October 18, 2014

GARAGE SALE !!


Private showing time at a garage sale the other day
with an Ella Fitzgerald, 
a ukulele,
 an adult-rated barracks room ballad album
 to top the bill.
 Laughs all around got the ball rolling.


I wedged in behind Jim taking it slowly
but with determination.


Since it was dark inside at first
after being outside in the bright light,
I couldn't see my head for my tail.


But even if I am shorter than Jim and Ron,
I can help with figuring out what's what
especially under this table.
Anyone need a new / old blender?


Vintage everything covered every piece of furniture
so it took awhile to scan the lot and then take time to 
make a judgement call as to whether it was a sale or not. 


This is what I mean about humans,
if they only had my nose-sniffing 
DOODLE SCHNOZE
I could zip & whip 
through that barn in no time flat.
Lickity Split I tell you.


In the meantime I sniffed this clover,
this lonely clover
waiting for the inevitable
sleepytime
and
a cozy blanket of snow


23 comments:

  1. I hope you got a nice nap Sophie.! Your dads took some interesting photos!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No snoozing permitted when the guys are on the hunt, so I just SNIFF!!

      I do encourage sniffing one can always find interesting treats, really!!

      Delete
  2. You have a nose for vintage charm, Sophie. Who do you take after? What a great old Ford! I looked for a four-leafed clover but couldn't find one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No luck eh!
      Well, that ain't fair is it.
      I'll rectify this DOODLE SNIFFING ERROR and see if I can locate a 4 leafed clover for you.
      I have a feeling it may take me until next year, but I'll be vigilant!!

      Delete
    2. Oh yah, the Ford truck was from Alberta just north of the border from your state, quite a few miles but in your vicinity though!!

      Delete
  3. Did you sniff out a bargain Sophie ?
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bargains galore for the humans but us DOODLESNOODLES well, we just keep on sniffing!!

      Delete
  4. Lots of interesting stuff there.
    Looks like a good rummage was in order for your dads and a spiffing sniffing time for you Sophie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim was looking for things for the shoppe, so I surveyed the grounds in case any other living creatures decided to show up!

      No one arrived!

      Delete
  5. Doesn't look like a good place for doodles to shop.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Humans always get excited with rummaging around.

      What is that all about anyway!?!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Major DOODLE NAP for sure and I partook!!!

      Delete
  7. Well, I must say, SOMEONE has eclectic musical tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun, SD! Sometimes you can't see your head for your tail? I can never catch my tail!!! I really like whatever it was that Daddy Ron did to the garage sale photos. It made them spectacular rather than busy ~ and you? Well, you're always photogenic, Gurlfriend! Happy week to all three of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes a DOODLE DOG just has to relinquish control especially when there isn't any FOOD!!!

      Sophie Doodle here!

      Over and Out!!

      Delete
  9. I love the photo of you and the blender, Sophie. That cute face!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sophie's view of a garage sale is so much more fun than my usual experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Add a DOODLE to any of your travels and life is so much better!!

      Delete
  11. Oh Sophie, was there nothing in the garage sale for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abso"TOOT"ley nuttin' HONEY!!!!

      I did sniff everything too!!

      Delete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!