Saturday, November 13, 2010

Surprise Visit!

I am being on my best behaviour
'cause my new friend is coming.
I wonder if he likes to play ball?
Is he a short hair or a long hair?
Is he tall or short?
So many questions are flipping through my mind!
 Why...that's Jim with Jami, his neice....
and her brother, Matt with his girl, Erica.



So my questions have been answered!
It's Kali, an English Mastiff/Rotty mix.
He plays hard and fast....
I can handle that.









This is Erika's first time at the beach...so we headed over the dune to the shoreline.




Matt threw the ball real hard
and Kali charged into the water
with me close to his side.






I think Erika and Matt had a good time..
I made sure everything was OK as they walked hand 'n hand back to the car.



We reached the car and rested on the grass and talked 'dog'.
We really know how these float-able balls work...
 sharing my ball with my new friend was the natural thing to do.

16 comments:

  1. Sophie, your friend is cute! (But he does look like he could rip your face off if you didn't give him the ball! LOL) Glad you were such a good girl and had a good time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun. Your new friend looks like a cool kid. Bet you were tired after a romping good day
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon...that crossed my mind when I saw him..but he's all looks and a 'softee' at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kind of like Sharon; when I saw that hunka dog airborne over the boardwalk, I thought Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You looked like you had a great time! It was nice of you to share your ball!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like such fun! Hope he gave the ball back. It's great to play with friends.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good lookin' new pal there Sophie! Love those talkin' pix. Orange ball! Wootwoot!

    Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were the perfect friend to share your ball, Sophie! What a fun day you had!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a day with lots of fun at the beach with your friend. He looks so gentle and sweet too! It's very kind of you to share your ball with him, that's what a friend for, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. He look as though he doesn't want to give that ball back - you know what that means Sophie ? He will just have to visit again to return it...and see you again of course !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sophie, You are a perfect lady!
    Your new furiend is quite handsome!
    xoxo
    ~K and the Pups

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is LIFE how it is supposed to be, Sophie: family; friends, taking a looong walk, having a lot of fun, playing under the sparkling sun.....!!!!!

    Wonderful photos, Ron....and a wonderful ambiente!!!!!!!

    ciao ciao elvira

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a good hostess you are, Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sophie, what an adorable, kind and polite labradoodle you are! It looks like you got on just great with your new friend, and the humans had a good time too. Ros and Oscar

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a perfect day for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. aren't new friends fun....you were such a sweet girl...

    ReplyDelete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!