Saturday, December 14, 2013

EDNA'S RESTAURANT FOR THE GUYS!!


I gots to make this fast,
a major ZOOOOOM around the backyard 
before I'm whisked away to daycare for a few hours, 
because the guys are going to a birthday dinner
at Edna's Restaurant for Jim's bro Dennis.


Apparently, the guys take pictures of inanimate objects too.


I thought I was the No. 1 subject 
but I guess taking pictures in restaurants
has snagged their attention ~~~ even if it's a blurry 'SPECIAL'.


The vino list and other liquid assundries


waiting for the Birthday Boy and partner to show up
everything looks so neat and tidy


above the long bench style table
was this hanging multi-piece lampware unit


the menu sat waiting patiently for them to open it


across the way was a long bar under lit 
with just enough lightning to show up the seats,
I could have really done a number on any crumbs dropped over there.


corn fritters stacked neatly
which didn't last too long 


The Big Spruce micro-brewed beer was Dennis' choice for the evening.


Dennis and Jackie talk to the smart Edna-lady
and she really helped with the final decisions


Wine, Water and Beer flowed freely


Here are three different plates from
 thickly cut steak 
to arctic char 
to vichyssoise soup.


Coffee always helps to finish off a great meal
especially helping to settle the tummy
if you know what I mean.


They all had a nice and easy dining experience
and Dennis' BIRTHDAY SMILE tells it all.
~~~
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DENNY!!

18 comments:

  1. A cowboy rib!!! Looks like a great restaurant. They probably thought your dads were from a food magazine with all the picture taking.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great description, eh!!!!

      Next time we might try that cowboy out for size. I think that the guys should have pretended that they were magazine photogs and then maybe a free dessert!

      Delete
  2. Looks fabulous. Birthday wishes to Dennis.
    Sophie you'll have to dream about that steak :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am dreaming, Eileen because I could smell the evidence on the pesky caballeros when they picked me up!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to Dennis! What a wonderful evening ☺

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M&M ~~ I know Dennis had a great eve!!!!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Good company ~ Good Eats ~ Good Laughs ~~~ very much needed !

      Delete
  5. Ooooo, I love Denny's plaid-on-plaid action!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the warm, cozy atmosphere of the restaurant. Hope you had fun at daycare, Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was "The Lady in Charge" at daycare....when I got picked up I had everything under control (in my mind) !!

      Delete
  7. Oh it looks like a fun time!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently so!
      I hear the guys talking, but I do know that the treats weren't flowing when we got home
      Oh well!!

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday to Denny. And Sophie, the pictures from inside Edna's were just beautiful and made me wonder how you do that. Good camera and good knowledge of it is my guess. Still, pictures of you, my doodle friend, are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will tell Denny you dropped by IngerDoodle ~~ he would like that!!

      Yes, camera manipulation ~~ sometimes GOOD, sometimes NOT SO MUCH!

      Fun experimenting though!

      Cheers!
      Sophie and Ron

      Delete
  9. Looks like such a great time! It's always fun getting together with family and friends at restaurants, especially when you're celebrating an occasion. I hope your stay at daycare was fun, Sophie. And, of course they photograph inanimate objects. Photo nuts photograph ANYTHING and EVERYTHING! If it can be photographed, it shall be photographed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything seems to fair game in the camera world, unless of course a person comes into the mix and then the "please may I take your photo" has to be broached. We had a great meal and lots of laughs at this new restaurant. These people used to own Jane's on the Commons for many years until last year when the landlord decided to end their run. Jim has taken many pics inside Janes so now he has a new venue to attack, in a good way of course!!

      Delete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!