Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hemlock Trail Revisited~~~

After driving for an hour and visiting my Granny's grave site today,
a much needed nature walk at the canal was at the top of the list. 

 You may remember my post last October about

You can have a look-see at the link from Dec '11
when we watched the canal and brook in the early winter!

The babbling brook really set the mood and tone burbling ever so gently
over and around the rocks, sticks and mosses.

There is something so serene about this area of the trail walk.
We always seem to stall along this section...
I really think the coolness, freshness and sounds 
of the brook, winds in the canopy above and the sounds of robins(this time)
immediately want you to stop...to reflect, and to relax.

Oh Hi...hope you are enjoying
my journey today
and maybe you can feel
what I'm feeling...just a little maybe?! winky wink

To sniff the forest floor just gives me 
heart palpitations...good ones of course.

See the spruce cone I'm sniffing?
Well, it has a delicious smell...outdoorsy, spicy and a bit yummy...
don't worry I wouldn't eat it,
but if I find something more to my liking
well...down it will go!

These glades near the brook are covered in needles and moss.
I truly recommend a jaunt here
or some place close to you...
because every time I soak it up
I feel so calm and relaxed and
that's a lot to expect from an exuberant Labradoodle

28 comments:

  1. LOvely photos Sophie. We always feel calmed just coming over here to share in your lovely space. Have fun! Ros and Oscar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you were able to take it in...thanks for coming over!

      Delete
  2. Thanks. I needed a stroll through the woods right about then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear....woods walking...the best past time I'd say!

      Delete
  3. Oh! So beautiful Soph! And we love your new header!

    -Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa...playing with Picnik's editing capabilities until it's all gone in mid-April...gald you like!!

      Delete
  4. Too bad Soph that you couldn't go swimming because it was too cold! Next time though, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sophie, just when I think you couldn't possibly have a more beautiful place to show us, you do. What a great place to explore!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come along with us sometime....you'd love it!

      Delete
  6. I can almost smell that spruce...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sophie! I can feel the peacefulness that your talking about!
    And I can smell that sweet smell of nature too!
    Thank you for taking us on your beautiful adventure!
    You enjoy so many of the same things that I do!
    nitey nite
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd enjoy this sojourn, Tweedles...'cause I see you doing the same thing in your world!!!

      Delete
  8. We can almost hear the wind and brook. Such a beautiful, peaceful place. We'd love to go there.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know next time..and you can book a flight...only fair to have a head's up, right!

      Delete
  9. Sophie

    What beautiful photos! Don't know what we enjoyed more - the photos, the words or just imagining walking through such a beautiful place!

    take care
    Clive & Murray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clive and Murray....so glad to see you again...so happy that you enjoyed wondering through the glade with me and the guys!!Happy Spring is around the corner!

      Delete
  10. Hey Sophie!
    Wow, what a gorgeous territory! The pix are amazing and I can almost hear the water gurgle and smell those woodsy smells with you. Wish I was there...we'd have fun!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome to share my walks with me and the guys. We need smell-o-vision to let you fully realize the wonders of these woods!

      Delete
  11. Wonderful photos as always. Sophie you are one lucky pooch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hi..Guys...must jaunt over to see how your world is coming along with the wee one on it's way!!!

      Delete
  12. Thanks, Sophie, for letting me go along with you. It's a dreary, rainy day here today and I enjoyed your sunshiny photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope my story helped to shoe that old rainy day away!:-)

      Delete
  13. Beautiful peaceful place to walk.
    Big Nose pokes
    The Thugletsx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...it certainly is...I'll remember you next time I visit!

      Delete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!