Saturday, June 2, 2012

Swimming with the Sailboats!!

 Come along, 
~~~Quickly~~~
 I have had a grand time today
~~~floating and swimming~~~ 
with the sailboats.....seriously!

There's one...
just one of many more...

 Now there's two...
they come from "out of the blue" it seems!

 Let's jump to four, right away...
I think everyone seems to know what they are doing...
~~~as if by magic~~~
they zip across in front of me and then zip back...
they call this tacking!

 Now this one caught my eye immediately,
because it appeared 
to be heading straight for me.
Feel the power!

 See what I mean...
then a quick veer to their right,
whatever the nautical term is for that!

I could almost touch them....
I bet you could have reached out and jumped on board.

 Notice them sitting on the edge of the deck...
they are counter balancing the total weight on board
otherwise...over they would all go.

 They appear to be relaxed enjoying this ritual...
the nautical life of these Haligonians! <click
(you learned a new word today)

They are all heading out and around
Point Pleasant Park
 into deeper waters,
then around to the 
city side where the tourists
are gathered.

We love sailboats and today
we lucked out with seeing so many.
In this picture you can see a cargo ship
on the horizon...slightly outnumbered today. 
~~~
The next post will show you exactly 
what we saw on the boardwalk
on the harbour front.
~~~
Check it out next time!


30 comments:

  1. Sophie,
    You're a brave girl! For a minute there I thought you were gonna swim so far out that you'd have to be saved by one of those lovely sail boats! That would be tragic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the scary part...they would have gone right over her...so we all have to be super careful!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness Sophie you are a brave soul
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved all the sailboats! Good thing you rescued Mr Orangy before they got too close.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was screamin' for dear life...poor thing!

      Delete
  4. Oh Soph! We sure did have a great day today,eh? No wonder you are so tired today.....'sailing' with all those boats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's just 1/2 of the fun...more to come!!

      Delete
  5. It looks like those sailboats were going along at a pretty good clip there! I think I would have been scared stiff for Sophie!

    Beautiful pictures, Ron!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie knows no fear...could this be a problem sometime? Hope not...so we have to be extra careful! Ron

      Delete
  6. I wish I could have been there. Yes, you are very brave.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BraveHeart...that's me, Lori! Hope your knee is better!

      Delete
  7. Wouldn't it be fun to fly on top of the water?

    Did you get some of that ice cream cone, Sophie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the smallest, sniggley of ice cream...sheesh..humans! I guess chocolate is a no-no! There was coffee flavour on top so I got some of that!

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful day for sailing! I loved your pictures today, Sophie, and learning a few fancy new words!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always room for new words...me thinks! So good to hear from you Bunny!

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful sight to see! The sailboats appear to be dancing on the water in the last shot. Glad you were careful, Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the little sailboats are like butterflies flit from wave to wave...wait until you see the next post...so much colour and fun!

      Delete
  10. Oh Sophie you are always having such fun!
    Best wishes molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have to have fun...especially on cloudy days!!

      Delete
  11. Glorious. And I love my new word (I would have assumed Hallifaxians; I wonder if that makes people from Oregon, Orefaxians...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many peeps think Halifaxians or some combo of the word...it would be a good JEOPARDY word, dontcha think!? Now those poor peeps from Oregon...hmmm!

      Delete
  12. Great pictures! You have to be careful Sophie...we have sunny today but some strong wind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Windy here too...and the guys are taking good care of me.

      Delete
  13. Swimming with these boats must have been fun Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was beyond fun...I would love to be on one of those boats, I tell you!

      Delete
  14. Oh my goodness. That is so pretty! I love it : ) What a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky...we had a really great park walk and the next post will show you what we did next!

      Delete
  15. Hi Y'all!

    Sophie, that looks like grand fun! What wonderful pictures!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hawk....now off to make Daddio feel better..he's sick today!

      Delete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!