Wednesday, December 1, 2010

UP the Hill again!

It's been awhile...I'd say 6 months maybe...
since we trekked up the hill at the end of the beach.
This is one hike I always enjoy,
because of the steepness and bogs.
Let me show you what I'm talking about....



So this is Jim and I forging up the hill and 
as you can see...I'm galloping down
to 'hurry up' Ron.



On top of the hill is a massive field which is the best place
to run around and explore.
Once again, 'hurry up' Ron!

At the end of the field the land immediately fall's off...
a steep cliff is below us 
where you'll find surfer's some days
taking the waves.

 ...on the return I noticed this shot
and asked Ron if he'd capture it...
he's so obliging.

Now for a moment's rest to take in the view.
As you can see the the beach is found along a thin piece of land.
Hurricanes wreak havoc, here, because of the fragility of the location.
The cluster of homes including a B and B have been there for years.
Huge rocks protect them from the enormous winds and waves 
that pound the shoreline.

 There are the bogs I was talking about!
I usually dive into them,
but not this time 'cause the guys are trying to protect
my ears from getting inflamed.
I guess I'll wait for the spring.

Yes that's where we were..
way up there!
Can't wait to come back!






18 comments:

  1. Good Morning, Sophie and Guys! I remember that hill, beautiful pictures! Lovely views!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful spot for a most lovely hike Sophie! Love the reddish undertones in those grasses. Can only imagine when a storm rolls in, wow!

    Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, if I ever get there, I'm never leaving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful!!! I just have one question. Sophie, did you always listen so well, or did you have to attend obedience school? You're such a good dog...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now thats my kind of walk- our little terrier would love that ! and great views !

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the most beautiful places to go play, Sophie! I would love to climb that hill with you, though this old lady would be puffing and blowing by the time she got to the top!

    I hope that your ears are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes that was a very invigorating walk, wasn't it Sophie! We'll go back, don't you worry.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jabacue Jim...I'm counting on it, Daddio!
    Louise...guess who was huffin' and puffin' too...Ron Boy!
    Janet...any time I's love to take the T's up the hill!
    Debra...tks..come along with Auntie Elaine sometime...just a thought!
    Bobbi...I'm laughing so hard...I was kicked out of obedience school...sorry!
    Barbara...look into my eyes...you are coming here, you are coming here!!!
    Sierra Rose...I do enjoy this place really...yes the storms are formidable and scary..so I stay home.
    Sharon...yes it is the 2nd post about this, eh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous place. We too love romping around near the beach. It looks a bit chilly but so refreshing. We could hear the sea lions screaming too. You better tell Paw to take you there more often
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Benny and Lily...yupperinie...they will be taking me very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful place for a walk. Guess you get lots of exercise Soph, running back and forth.

    The good thing about the bogs and hurricanes is that probably won't get built on!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love those places you go all the time, Sophie!!! They are all great beautiful places to explore and zoom!

    You are such a happy lucky girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely Beautiful! Wonderful pictures - I was truly relaxed just viewing all of them! Thanks for taking us on your walk.
    Enjoy your day,
    Joan & Jane Austen Eyre

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful walkie :) Does the B and B allow dogs? Curious minds want to know ;)

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  15. ohmygoodness, what beauty. can i move up there and just marry your family? i love doggies, sophie, i promise!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! How beautiful! I had a dream last night about being on a cold beach - maybe I've been reading your blog too much? It was a good dream.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The view and the sunshine looks absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!