Sunday, December 19, 2010

Twas the Week Before Xmas...Thank You!



I'm thanking all of you, for following me over the months!
I've linked you, all!
Just click on the highlighted green words below to find your blog.
(there's a small/large hint on each line)
Happy Holidays!

'Twas the week before Christmas, when all through the house

(Tweedles) Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse (24pawsoflove)
(3acrehomestead) The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,(Stew)
(aj-oaks) In hopes that Saint Nicholas soon would be there.(1950satomic)

(amazinganimallovers)The children were nestled all snug in their beds,(assistdogautism)
(hootieandbabyrocketdog)While visions of sugarplums danced in their heads.(bellascountry)
(brboomer)And Mama in her kerchief and I in my hat (boonedockswilcox)
(artbydaina)Had just settled down for a long winter's nap (bouncingbertie)

(dakotagoats)When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,(dearhsdogblog)
(desertcanyonliving)I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter.(kit-dogdaze)
(doggydays09)Away to the window I flew like a flash,(scotsmad)
(farmerswifey)Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.(thebookerman)

(flartus)The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow(petlovercouture)
(fosterdogsnyc)Gave a luster of midday to objects below.(fourpawsandwhiskers)
(karengberger)When, what to my wondering eyes should appear
(disasterfilm)But a miniature sleigh and eight tiny reindeer(gracieownsme)
(dailydoseofjack)With a little old driver so lively and quick,(houndgirl)
(mdscaper)I knew in a moment it must be Saint Nick.(ifididnthaveasenseofhumor)

(vintagechristine)More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,(uthappytrails)
(julietkbears)And he whistled and shouted and called them by name:(lifeatgoldenpines)
(laughing-duck-farm)"Now, Dasher! Now, Dancer! Now, Prancer and Vixen!(lifewithjacknjill)
(mansellcyprus)On, Comet! On, Cupid! On Donder and Blitzen!(tuscanysmagicalplaces)
(midwestern-mama)To the top of the porch, to the top of the wall!(moondanceranchco)
(supportingandrew)Now, dash away! Dash away! Dash away, all!"(dogcatgirl)

(debsfortheloveofanimals)As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,(nikonsniper)
(ninnysnotesblog)When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky,(jabacue)
(oflemonsandhoney)So up to the housetop the coursers they flew,(myeastcoastlife)
(livingretired)With a sleigh full of toys and Saint Nicholas too.(secretschnoodle)

(ournewlifeinthecountry)And then in a twinkling I heard on the roof,(goldenredeemer)
(sheltiebeauties)The prancing and pawing of each little hoof.(northfordmaggie)
(bijousjournal.)As I drew in my head and was turning around,(jensblackdogblog)
(peidays)Down the chimney Saint Nicholas came with a bound.

(leighscomebychance)He was dressed all in fur from his head to his foot,(doggywisdom)
(herothesharpei)And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot.
(peaceloveandpugs)A bundle of toys he had flung on his back,(roomontheleft)
And he looked like a peddler just opening his pack.(postcardsfromthepp)

(roaddogtales)His eyes - how they twinkled! His dimples - how merry!(drewmark19)
(sandra-elephantlover)His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!(thedailyoskar)
(chocolateandcroissants)His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,(skoogfarm)
(neekospaulding)And the beard on his chin was as white as the snow.(pollyspath)

(downhomeinnc)The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,(raisingaddie)
(nerospostandpatch)And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath.(vicki-2bagsful)
(blancob)He had a broad face and a little round belly,(lifespentwagging)
(haileythedog)That shook when he laughed like a bowl full of jelly.(romp-roll-rockies)

(snoopydogknits)He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,(rykerrules)
(itch2stitchdotcom)And I laughed when I saw him in spite of myself.(Jason SHOW)
(olivecutedog)A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,(moon-doggie)
(thoughtfullyblendedhearts)Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread.(stickycrows)

(pennyshenhouse)He spoke not a word but went straight to his work,(sunshine&mudpuddles)
(lifespentwagging)And filled all the stockings; then turned with a jerk,
(toktokplace)And laying his finger aside of his nose,(thechronicleofwoos)
(theteacherspets)And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose.(terrordequatropatas)

(istillwantmorepuppies)He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle (houndstooth4)
(wethreedoxies)And away they all flew like the down of a thistle. (goldensierrarose)
(kaishon)But I heard him exclaim ere he drove out of sight,(Tracey)
(shewhoseeks)"Happy Christmas to all and to all a good night!"(abigailtheyorkie)

(if I missed you, let me know and I'll remedy that right away!)
Peace to ALL!



50 comments:

  1. what a clever girl you are to link us altogether.. :)..hope you and the dads have the best one yet and you get all that you want under the tree....just a few more days....and you can rip all the paper you want!!! Take care and be good Sophie....and wish the dads a Merry Christmas....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, Happy and Merry, Merry, Sophie!
    Lovely old poem!

    I really got a kick out of your rolling in the snow pictures! You really get into it, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! Thank you for having a wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sophie...!!
    Beautiful Pictures......

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our link didn't go directly to our blog. But it's okay... WOW!!!! Someone has been busy. I am BIG TIME> IMPRESSED!!! What a sweet thing to do. Sophie, you are one Awesome Dog!! I mean it. And I'm sure Daddy Ron helped you with this project, and he is awesome too! Gracie and I wish you, Daddy Ron and Daddy Jim a happy, safe and peaceful holiday. Thanks for your time in this coolest of cool post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pugsley got a bath today and is ready to go play at the beach in the snow too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was fun, linking to the blogs of our friends. We also liked your pictures.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever post. It must have taken you hours! Thank you for all of the enjoyment that you have brought to all of us, and a Very Merry Christmas to Sophie, Daddy Ron and Daddy Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi guys...yep..it took a while but that's the least I could get my Daddy to do for you..wink wink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peace to you too, Sophie! What a wonderful idea. I love the words, and as always, I love your photos. You are so gorgeous and the photos show that in all its glory!

    Thank you for sharing your life with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute Sophie. Thank you for your poem and linking us. you sure are clever!
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sophie Girl,
    How in the world did you and Daddy find the time to do such a clever, unique post!!!
    We love it and thanks for including us!
    Ho Ho Ho,
    Zack, Sassy and Buddy

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a fun idea...love your photos...Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy 2011....

    Rooster...Jake..Nolan...Bliss...and Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. We appreciate you and all our blogger friends too. Thank you for thinking of us. Have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a clever pup you are, Sophie, to do all that typing and linking! I hope your holidays are extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Sophie, you did a wonderful job on the poem!!! I loved rereading it. And I wish you a Merry Christmas, sweet girl.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a really cool post! Just when I was getting over my envy over that cool header of yours, you come up with this!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Miss Sophie :o)

    This is such a Pawsome post about all the links.
    You are very talented and an excellent writer...
    Thanks for visiting me BTW.
    Your bloggie is super cool!
    I love the snow too but my Mommy hates it :o(
    I'm afraid that one of these days she will move us to sunny Florida.
    She will not let me put any snow activities on my bloggie; glad to know I can just come visit you and enjoy it thru your eyes :o)
    You are very beautiful but I'm sure you hear it a lot...
    Anyways, I'm glad we are friends now thanks to Miss Abbey; is she a cutie or what?

    Smooches,
    Neeko ♥
    P.S. Have fun in the snow :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so sweet, Sophie! What a thoughtful thing to do. I will spend some time meeting your other friends. And the photos of you playing in the snow are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are way too clever, Sophie, as well as beautiful!
    You have a fabulous blog!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful post :D I'd forgotten a lot of the story. Thanks for sharin it in it's entirety!

    Merry Christmas to all of you!
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a labour of love! We really look forward to following your adventures in the new year!

    Here's wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas!

    Lots of love

    Abigail the Yorkie and clan :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sofie, It's nice to meet you. I have to say you are the most beautiful labradoodle I've seen! Your coat is wonderful. My boys Zephyr and Astro agree. ;-) And what a beautiful area you live in. Say Hi to your dads from us.

    Caron

    ReplyDelete
  24. The most adorable labradoodle ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    xD

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awwww, thank you Spohie. Hugs.

    Love the pics of you in the snow with your ball. What fun you were having.

    Have you peeked at any of your gifts yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Only Daddy Ron would have the patience and 'know-how' to do this. Good job Daddy Ron.....oh, and Sophie (I keep forgettin').
    Daddy Jim

    ReplyDelete
  27. OK y'all....Daddy Ron has a NEW laptop... so fun and games trying to 're-figure out'... all he learned on Daddy Jim's laptop. I want my mouse back NOW..........please ;-)
    PS...many tks and warm wishes for all with Santa approaching on sleigh back....SMILES!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This wins the prize for MOST CREATIVE post EVER!

    You are too clever! ; )

    Merry Christmas sweet Sophie. Be good to your Dad's : )

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sophie, Sophie Sophie!
    I LOVED it! It was awesome and what a nice idea! Sophie, my next pet...not too soon, will look just you!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    xxoo
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  30. 'The night before Christmas'...I love that poem.Thanks for including me!
    Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is the coolest idea! I love that you came up with this... thanks for the link and for the smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. This was beautiful Sophie
    We tried to leave you a comment last night, but blogger would not let us.
    This post was fun. Thank you for linking us all together.
    Merry Christmas to you and your dads
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  33. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Sophie! Thank you for the link and for the gorgeous photos of your snowy walk. See you here again in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Merry Christmas to you all and what a great post, such a lot of work.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great post!
    Love your pictures!
    Thank you for having reminded us!
    Merry Christmas to you and all your family!


    Cristina, Jack, Kaiser and Farrusquinho

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sophie, that last shot of you is just gorgeous! May you and the guys have a very happy holiday and lots of fun in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  37. That was amazing Sophie!!! What a parkie and what a great post!!!! Ahhhhhh! Made mom smile, and made me want to zoom over to play at your parkie!!!!

    Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sophie, I can't open your latest post (Free). I get a "page not found" error for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Sophie! You are one special girl to include us all in this holiday post. The pictures of you are beautiful! Have a great Christmas and a very Happy New Year. I have really enjoyed hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Sophie, thanks for dropping by my blog today!
    What a wonderful post this is, it must have taken you ages! You're very clever.
    Have a great Christmas!
    Love Kathy and Inca xxx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Lovely doggy photos!
    Have a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Merry Christmas to you and your dads. We hope you have a wonderful time during the holidays and a happy, healthy New Year.
    Your yard looks so different covered in snow! Your antlers look very believable.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Merry Christmas to you and your family Sophie

    chikisses for a wonderful new year too
    coco and tiffy

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas from the people and critters of Laughing Duck Farm!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Well, it happens every once in a while. I can see on my blog list that you have a new entry "Free" up. But, when I try to get to it, Blogger tells me it doesn't exist. Don't know what's up with that.

    So, I'll just use this entry to tell you, once again, how much I have enjoyed your adventures with your Daddies. You have a very Merry Christmas. I'm looking forward to all of your adventures in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Merry Christmas from Seattle!! Have a great week!!
    Smooches from pooches,
    BabyRD and Hootie

    ReplyDelete
  47. How creative - that is so much fun!

    And great pics of Sofie!

    Have a wonderful holiday. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Dear Sophie,

    Thanks for the well wishes and hope you're having a wonderful Christmas!... that's such a lovely poem and you always bring some sunshine to all of us... ohh just to let you know my wounds are healing but still under medication :)

    Licks, hero

    ReplyDelete
  49. Carissimi Sphie and Ron....what a wonderful, lovely surprise; having linked to all your followers in this magnificient poem...!
    I found myself too, thank you so much for this beautiful idea ...!!!!

    (..had tooo much work during the months but now i am catching up!)

    Have a wonderful end of this year
    Sophie and Ron!

    ciao ciao and "grazie mille" again
    elvira

    ReplyDelete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!