Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Kayaking...hmmm...

Today, the boys got back into kayaking after a very long hiatus. Back in the early 80's they learned the basics of kayaking from a fellow Jim met while taking a photography course at NSCAD, Nova Scotia College of Art and Design. They really liked the sport immediately but time and events got in the way to continue with it. So, this morning was the 'somewhat later' continuance of this process.


As you can see the morning was perfect....calm waters, blue sky, three good friends, myself and Clancey


Instruction was precise and thorough, with Ron soaking up the information intently. I was sniffing the funny looking yellow thing. Why was he sitting in it? There's no room for me!


Liz and Ron picked up the big yellow tub and placed it in the water. What gives?


Jim was floating around the lake already in a big red tub...OK..come on....what gives with this?


I'm staring you down...I know my ESP telepathy will bring you back to me!



My daddies reassured me that being left in the cottage while they glided around the quiet waters of the lake would be good for me. Unfortunately, I only understand certain words and 'kayaking' is not one of them, so I put up a major fuss encouraging Clancey to join in. We could be heard for quite a distance. Funny...they didn't come back for an hour....aah...humans!

13 comments:

  1. miss sophie,
    next time this kayaking thingie happens, ya'll need a bigger tub so you can fit in it, too!!
    *woof*
    the booker man

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, cheer up, Sophie. They can't do the dog paddle as well as you, so you can show them all up the next time they go swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspected one of your daddies was a photographer...Thanks for sharing the beautiful day, and I love the "stare down" photo!
    Hugs and belly rubs to you sweet Sophie,
    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I hope my last comment went through, but I do want to add that I really like your new header picture too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We cannot beleive our eyes when we see these awsome photos.
    They are magnificent.
    Not only that- but your always having fun!
    What awsomeness is that!
    I want to go too
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  6. But Sophie, you had Clancey to keep you company! We know, it's hard when they go someplace, it feels like forever till they come back!

    Jack N Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forget the humans, Sophie! Next time just jump in and have your own fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, sounds to me that you need you own kayak!!! :) But in the meantime you have Clancy to keep you company. And while you are waiting for the 'humans' to return, you can work on you telepathy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tell your daddies that my dog Pugsley gets to go on the boat with us all the time. He even has his own life vest. I think you need one of those kayak trailers or something.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing spot for some kayaking!! Hmmmm...double kayaks?!!!?? For you to do the navigating, right Sophie!!
    Grand location, and looked like an overall fabulous time :)

    Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sophie
    Thanks for visiting my blog. What a beautiful lake. Surely someone somewhere has designed a kayak with space for a labradoodle!
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor Sophie, but I suspect you had a big fuss made of you when they got back !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read a book (fiction) about kayaking last spring and it sounded so interesting. The equipment is really state of the art. You have a very beautiful spot to enjoy this new sport.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!