Friday, July 9, 2010

Hugs....!


7:30 am....phone rings.....

Jami: Hi Uncle Jim! It's your favorite niece Jami. Fennie and I are in town and we wondered if you, Ron and Sophie were interested in going for a walk on the beach?

Jim:  Hey Jami! We must be on the same wavelength or something, we are just heading out now. Meet us at the parking lot!

Jami:  We'll be there and Erika is coming along too.

Jim: Perfect! Haven't seen her since Facebook pics!


After a long stroll we ended up by the river for a chance to throw sticks and balls to try and tire the dogs. Fennie is a Boston Terrier and, yes...his name comes from Fenway Park...original, eh! Fenway is still young and 'full' of it. Oh, I remember those days when I was young and a holy terror. Fennie will grow out of it, I kept hearing.


Poor Fennie...the humiliation of it all! Cesar Milan would be proud...I hope. OK...Fennie are you ready to proceed...No more nipping, right!


I watched and with a lot of concentration ...could...remember those days of learning. Jim really likes me as you can see and 'No Way Jose' would I drive anyone around the bend...Honest!  ;-)

12 comments:

  1. Sophie, you just might be the most lucky dog in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie!
    What a fun morning on the beach! Fennie is still young, he has to out grow that silly puppy stuff. I'm still outgrowing the silly puppy stuff myself to be honest! I'm glad you got to spend your morning running through the water.
    Daisy Mae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Sophie! Nothing like a romp on the beach with a friend! Must be chilly up there, send some down here!!! Please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last pic is fabulous. What a perfect morning you had. Would you mind sending some of that cool weather down here to Southern Oregon? It's been terribly hot.
    Oh, and I really love the new blog pic of you at top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sophie, you are a lucky dog. Your life looks like the stuff of a storybook dog like Biscuit or the Pokey Little Puppy, etc. My people often refer to me as the dog from "Harry is a Dirty Dog." I don't think that's nice . . . and then they wonder why I over-groom my feet. Humans.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like an awesome day at the beach!
    I wish "our" beach was closer. 3 hrs from the Atlantic, 3 hrs from the Gulf, only ponds and lakes around us.
    But I know it could be worse...

    ReplyDelete
  7. hihi, miss sophie!
    i can kinda understand fennie cuz i'm still trying to be an adult doggie, too. sometimes, we just get a little too hyper. teehee. anywho, i'm glad you got to see niece jami and have funsies zoomin' on the beach! :)
    happy weekend!
    *woof*
    the booker man

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Cesar would be proud...so Fennie is a Boston Terrorist, huh? teeheehee
    Licks and sniffs,
    Zack, Sassy and Buddy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad that you had such a good time with your humans, friends and Fennie. It looks like you all had a good workout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like so much fun - we have never been to the beach.

    Thanks for the caution about the angel trumpets. Mom found out about that when she first got the plant and immediately moved it off the back deck to the front yard where we pups don't get to go. Too bad such a pretty plant is so dangerous.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sophie
    There you go again - having more romp time and happy times. This time with Fennie.
    You are the luckiest dog in the world.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!