Sunday, May 18, 2014

GRASS & A MAGNOLIA BLOSSOM


I'm always on the move.
Surprise, eh!
But do you see the green stuff under my feet?


This makes me very HAPPY
much more than you know!


I swear I have a SMILE on my face as I trot through all these fledgling shoots of grass.


They are spreading across my world 
just like a Monet painting.


Deciding to stay out of my path
because they know we'll just trample them down ~~
not intentionally of course.


I'm dodging the blades of grass 
as I scramble along this soft path 
of last year's grasses ~~


as I try to find my favourite type of grass


even in amongst the wild strawberries


but I know the perfect clump of green sweetness


is in my backyard 


hiding quietly and unobtrusively


under the bows of my Star Magnolia tree.

24 comments:

  1. Sophie, I think we have a lot to learn from you--"To take pleasure in small things." I recently came to that philosophy and you are poster child for that! Pats and scratches behind the ear to you from Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to sniff out all sorts of things but when spring comes along I need my salad greens. Receiving your "pats and scratches" most assuredly!

      Licks, Hugs and Cheers!
      Sophie Doodle

      Delete
  2. I love your 'stop and smell the roses' (or in this case, the magnolias) kind of approach to life. Best way to live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Focus ~~ just focusing on the here and now!!

      Licks & Hugs to you and yours!!

      Delete
  3. A grand stroll with Mr. Orangie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always I include my BUDDY, even if he has a hole in his head!!

      Delete
  4. Another pretty walk you have taken us on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gots to share my GREEN GREEN GRASS of home with everyone when I have the chance.
      Thanks for joining in!

      Sophie

      Delete
  5. Pretty soon it will be all green
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. good morning Sophie-I love taking walks with you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what would be so very cool?
      If you were stepping along side of me,
      so you could throw Mr. Orangie to me!!!

      Delete
  7. I love following that path through the dune grass with you, Sophie. I see you have Mr. Orangie with you, as usual.
    The magnolia blossom is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the solitude of this path because you can see so very far and I'm the only one there!!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Sophie has more this hidden away just waiting to come out!

      Delete
  9. Such beautiful shots...Love your magnolia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Sophie is full of critical thinking!!!

      Delete
  11. I can just smell those flowers now!!! You transported me, Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad my efforts were not in vain!!!!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. So happy you enjoyed my grassy dune walk!!

      Delete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!