Monday, October 19, 2015

HEADLESS LADY ~ GET ME OUTTA HERE!!


See what I mean!
She is standing right there in the middle of the floor
WITHOUT HER HEAD!


You do believe me, dontcha !?!


I wonder if she moved
this melange of mugs and odds and ends around,
so no one could sit on this stool!


Did she sit on Ron's mother's favourite rocker
relieving the seat of it's cushion?


I've circled this area quite a few times
without any unusual lingering scent.


The carnival glass wasn't moved at all.


The kitchen dishes and quilts are still looking
as if they were undisturbed.


 I spoke to TEDDY on the chair
and
as you may have surmised
"NO ONE  'in these here parts' IN THE LAST 24 HOURS"
was mumbled as I passed by!
DOLLY
however wasn't quite so sure.
What does that mean!?!


I truly believe even if there is a
HEADLESS LADY
wandering the halls and rooms
I think she really likes the bright colours ~


 and comfy feel of all the quilts.
Who wouldn't!!


This new addition of brightly coloured drinking glasses with pitcher
I highly suspect is a real intrigue for her.


Anyway, take a look at my video and see if you see anything unusual!
Another eye on things might help me out!


So as I take care of things all around me,
Jim cashes out for the day 
at Mid-Century Maniac
in MacDonald House on the Hill ~


and soon
 so very soon 
we will be
jumping into our car
and
heading down the road.
PLEASE!!!

22 comments:

  1. It would be quite a drive, but I've got so many goodies that you could sell in that shop.
    Maybe I'll load up the car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer excursion back to the Maritimes and this time stay longer!!

      Load up the ol' jalopy or hearse if you prefer!!

      Winks!

      Delete
  2. The store looks wonderful, I would love to browse among those lovely vintage items. I can imagine you'd rather be elsewhere though Sophie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sniffed everything more than once then turned around and barked "let's go now, besides this spooky HEADLESS LADY" is giving me the HEEBIE JEEBIES!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Everything is beautiful, but my eye went to the quilts, draped here and there, so Sophie, never mind what you thought you saw, for now you are all safe and staying put. ( Election results, the place "Sweden" was just a whisper, as I'm sure a louder whisper of "NZ" was there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will tell Daddy Jim that SWEDEN will NOT be our new HOME because Justin Trudeau WON ~ but you know NZ sounds mighty enticing!!!!

      Aren't the quilts YUMMY!!!

      Delete
  4. A fun post, Ron! It is that time of year, when things go bump in the night! Jim's shop looks amazing with all its colorful things. You've showcased Mid-Century Maniac beautifully! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 weekends away and the goblins will be on the prowl ~ turn off the lights and hide under the beds!!

      Sophie knows best!!

      Delete
  5. That guy with the calculator looks pretty suspicious to me, Sophie -- keep your eye on him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Counting all his pennies (not quite ~ no more of them) so I guess he's counting the slips of paper!

      Humans are a very strange bunch!!

      Delete
  6. I was so intrigued with the tour of the shop, Sophie, that I forgot to look for the lurking headless woman. The shop looks so colorful and inviting filled with treasure. Are you selling Mr Orangie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to catch me, if you want Mr. Orangie!

      The headless woman seems to fade away and disappear, very strange indeed!!

      Delete
  7. What a gorgeous store. So many lovely things and so many vibrant colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enticing for those who need / want something Jim has collected ~ the colours were popping this day!!!

      Delete
  8. Headless people are scary they really need to remember to attach their head when they get up in the morning, just saying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She must have been fumbling around in the dark again!!!!

      Delete
  9. I would have a ball (and not an orange one) in your shop! And what a view. (Also, I love listening to Ron speak Canadian!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should get him to do more videos so that the international masses can learn our unique twang!

      Daddy Jim says it's Valley Talk ~ akin to The Valley Gurls!!

      Winkles!!

      Delete
  10. What a great shop! If i were from the netherworld I'd like to hang out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just pretend and your dreams will come true!!

      Delete
  11. I love the view from your window! Wish I lived close, I'd be coming by to shop around. Rosemary Clooney would likely go home with me and who knows what else. But Soph, you can keep the headless lady there. Halloween is just around the corner. Maybe she can help drum up business ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!!

      The shop is opened tomorrow Sunday and Daddy Jim will be working ~~ would be so great to see you walk in!!
      Halloween is so scary!!!!!!

      Delete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!