Tuesday, October 13, 2015

CHEERS ~ HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!



Hi Ho all you 
trusty 
friendly
jovial
cute
loyal
followers of mine.
Can you help me find my Thanksgiving meal?
Not here!


Not on this side of the table either!


We were invited to Dennis and Jackie's place for 
Thanksgiving din din!
Seriously I'm on my bestest behaviour,
but sheesh
a Doodle's gotta do 
what a Doodle's gotta do!
SNIFF
dem fumes
dem luscious turkey 
cranberry sauce
sweet potato
turnip
green beans
carrot
brussel sprout
fumes ~
Oh yah 
blueberry crisp
with 
dark chocolate 
pecan 
squares
Should I stop here!?!



The table had these gorgeous
red
pink
and orange
flowers
perking up the atmosphere.


and with this bundle of joy
named Jackie 
serving us all,
well 
you can see we had a very special visit
and
sumptious meal.
Jackie is really a card 
like the Queen of Hearts
~ love for everyone ~
Daddy Ron met Jackie and Dennis
45 years ago
while working at a summer resort
called The Digby Pines.
I hear stories all the time
about that special summer they all had.


Pumpkin and Cranberry sauce
always needed for this meal.


Daddy Jim brought a bottle of red Amarone Italian wine.
This has always been his favourite
and 
it was time to share it with ~~


these 2 wine lovers
Dennis & Jackie
~~~
So many thanks to the both of you for putting up with a Doodle
and
my guys!
Did I ever say that you are very special
in my world!!!
~~~
Well, if you haven't heard it before
hear it again
and
CHEERS!

19 comments:

  1. I can attest to all of the above!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you found your share Sophie. We're sure you wouldn't be left out. It's PRE-breakfast here, so we're droolin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put on your bibs you cuties and don't be messy!!!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Sniffing and licking ~ my specialty!!!!

      Delete
  4. What a fun time for you, Sophie, and the foodables look fabulous! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the 1st day of 3 in a row of turkey din dins ~~ this is actually a first that the guys can remember!! !!!!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos, table, home, and Doodle. One look at Jackie and Dennis and I'm in love. So much joy and friendship expressed in this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you would enjoy an evening of chat / java and jives with these two!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  6. Oh, SD, you filled my heart with your joyful voice and an account of a wonderful Thanksgiving Day! Hugs to you and the guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "just sayin' " was lingering in my itty bitty noggin' so I awoke and said "TIME TO FULFILL MY DUTIES TO GOD AND THE QUEEN!" wonk wonk with a head shake ~ Where am I? Where have I been? Now I'm a little more clear headed and able to jump onto the DOODLE EXPRESS again!

      Fingers crossed of course!!

      Delete
  7. Sounds delicious and my mouth is watering from the description. Lots of good sniffs for you Sophie, I do hope you got to sample the goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samples galore and the "piece de la resistance" ~ turkey neck and giblets ~ YUMMERS!!!!!

      Delete
  8. Thanksgiving with friends and "family" -- doesn't get better than that. Glad it was Happy you dear Doodle dog. BTW dropped into Macdonald House to visit a certain "maniac" and missed him both times ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim was talking to Jen the Massage Therapist who mentioned a stalker was trying to locate us!

      WINKERS!!

      Delete
  9. Oh how could you not be served first, just saying, you are so damn adorable you should be served first and the humans get the leftovers............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo-Anne you are part Doodle me thinks!!

      I did get mucho pieces of yummy tasty goodies.

      You know if I stare I do receive!

      That's my mantra!!!!!

      Delete
  10. Sophie, you've made me VERY hungry with this post! I hope they saved some turkey and trimmings for a hungry Doodle Gal. PS Your Header portrait is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!