Friday, August 29, 2014

CRISTOBAL ~~ THANK YOU


Hurricane Cristobal flew by us yesterday, still hanging in today,
and I just want to thank Mother Nature so very much.


Lawrencetown Beach is loaded with surfers from all over the country.
Surfers are a special breed you know.
They will drive, fly and surf miles to find the perfect wave.


Even high on MacDonald Hill 
as I zone in on my Doodle GPS
the surfers are down below
living their dream.


Not much different than this gull, really!


Gliding on the currents
being mindful
and
 one with nature.


Can't you just feel the energy developing here?
I know I can as I sit and watch 
these people.


 Mmmm mmmm !!
Hold on tight!
Take her all the way!


Or just waltz on the wave,
whatever it takes!


OK, where is Jim?
He's going to miss everything!
We'll keep waiting for him, Ron.
I could sit up here all day
and
all night for that matter.
The guys keep asking me if I want too
pitch a tent that is.
Now what is that all about?

19 comments:

  1. Soph we are good at pitching tents and we are with you we would definitely camp there .
    That last picture makes our mom want off take off her shoes pull up a lawn chair
    and read a book relaxing right smack dab there.
    So gorgeous she says.
    Bark on ,
    Gab, Jayda and Cricket at Willows farm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron me son, your photos are FREAKING ME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunningly beautiful, and a " House on a hill" with that view, I could live there forever, and never need to split wood again. Sophie, enjoy those surfers down below, crazy in those huge waves. Cheers,Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful water shots, but the last one is postcard gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surfer Sophie--I can see it now. Be careful out there, Sophie Doodles.

    Love,
    Janie and Franklin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous photos…I think Ron helped with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even know you guys were in Cristobal's path -- glad it veered off! Have a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beauty around you. Great shot so the surfing action.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous, Ron! You got some great surfer shots, and that is not easy to do. Have a good one! T and I are headed up to Black Hawk to celebrate our 30th! Should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caught up on all your posts ~ Loved, loved the "buttah" one! Have a happy weekend, Ms SD! And the dads too!

      Delete
  10. Oh Sophie,,,, your world is so full.,,,,,,,,,
    please send some magic
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning photos of the surfers and the house on the hill!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your beach!!! You are very lucky to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a place!!! (and I love that waltzing surfer pic)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what beautiful photos so breathtaking

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice! It will be fun to see how the storm changes the beach, or what treasures wash up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful photos. I have a FB friend - Beans the Whippet - which is a real surfer(dude)dog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Sophie, you have the most wonderful walks and adventures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Soph.. Ron really knows how to take us into your world with all of its drama and beauty. Those photos were so vivid, I felt the salt spray and the touch of the waves. Surely I could have been there with you (in my dreams) :)

    ReplyDelete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!