Sunday, June 5, 2016

ALIENS HAVE LANDED


Hi, over there!
It's 'yours truly' over here!
This is a bog, a cranberry bog that I so enjoy exploring.
Look what has landed and taken over my world ~~


Moisture laden tentacles seem to be reaching out in all directions!


Standing tall amongst all the vegetation
as if surveilling the land?


As I look closer I see some insects stuck to the tentacles.


A little humour thrown in ~
as I see this "band leader" with baton in hand.
What in the world is going on?


I know this toad wasn't about to hang around for any tete a tete!


I do believe I have stumbled upon an almost alien-like world in my bog.
~~
Even though there are larger, more scarier things in this world
by looking down around you
things can appear somewhat the same,
but really it's just
LIFE
life in a bog
survival of the fittest!
It is all around us
and
this is our world.

17 comments:

  1. Knowing how small these creatures really are, Ron, you have outdone yourself with these photographs.
    Another world indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always looking for the unusual it seems!

      Delete
  2. Wow, Sohpie, You got the MACRO view today with your doodle-eyes!!

    -Otto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nose to the ground and now camera to the ground!

      Delete
  3. Are those like Venus fly traps or something? They look scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra, They're Sundew plants. Tiny and kewl. They are carnivorous just like the Venus fly traps but not as fast as them. We also have Pitcher Plants here that also eat insects. I find these fascinating AND beautiful.

      Delete
    2. We suspected these were similar to the Venus (winks) Fly Trap but just didn't know the exact name ~~ thanking Sybil!

      Delete
  4. Ron, these photos are wonderful. Did Sophie always have those spots on her nose ? Love the header photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They started in her 2nd year. I've noticed other Doodles totally peppered in them or with a beige white nose.

      Delete
  5. Oh, how I love your (and Ron's) view of the world. No one sees it quite like this. Spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAny thanks Mitch.

      I started looking closer to the ground recently and surprises are a'waiting!!

      Delete
  6. Don't touch it so you don't turn into one
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh L & E !!

      They is so so scary ~~ one sniff and I galloped out of there!!

      Delete
  7. Absolutely spectacular post, Ron! Your sundew aliens are gorgeous, even if they are carnivorous! Love your humor, and the intro photo of SD on the lookout is perfect for the story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so kindly Louise ~~ Sophie and I discovered this minute world one day recently. We continued to return to take more pictures.

      I wouldn't have seen them if I wasn't looking for last year's cranberries!

      Delete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!