Wednesday, May 4, 2016

CONTINUING DOWN THE ROAD ~~~~


we headed off down one of the other Gaspereau valley roads and ~~~


ended up here on a huge farm called 

As you can see below there are many sheep ready to be sheered 


and 


 these 2 cute black lambs
huddling together 
as we poked our noses around the corner
of the entrance.
I think they are used to nosy photographers and Doodles!



The piece de resistance was the humongous wool shop
across the yard from the sheep.
Jim marched right in and headed over to the displays
to check out the offerings and to take pictures.
Surprise surprise!


Just look at the colours and offerings of merino wools.


more to touch and hold 
and to decide whether to go with heather colours
or pales or ~~~~


however by this time Jim's eye spied this
unbelievable Icelandic Sheepskin pelt
for a mere $300!!


mighty soft isn't it Jim!!


As we ventured from the farm and onto the road
this horse was giving us the eye,
but late afternoon was reminding us 
it was time to head back home ~ ~


so with that all under my belt 
to walking the Gaspereau Canal
to swimming in the canal
to driving down the country roads
to discovering sheep and lambs
to touching so much wool
I can honestly say that my world is complete
with love and peace.

As always my friends,
NAMASTE!!

21 comments:

  1. It was indeed a wonderful day, Ron which you have so masterly captured in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have learned from another master me thinks!

      Delete
  2. Oh such beautiful photos! So many colors!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the colors of the wool are beautiful. Sophie had better watch out. If her coat gets too long, someone might mistake her for a sheep. Baaaaah (humbug)!

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JJBug !!!

      You are so very right Janie and Sophie tells me her coat is growing extra super fast now-a-days for some reason, which means time to see Sandra La Coiffure soon!

      Delete
  4. There's nothing so colourful as a beautiful wool and yarn shop! Love the wee black lambs too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laying of our hands on everything in sight ~ this is what we like!!

      Delete
  5. Love those yarns, Sophie. We have lots of sheep up here now, eating all the weeds. I know where they keep their newborn lambs, but forget to bring my camera and the phone just doesn't do it. Maybe this will be a reminder. Have a good day SophieDoodle and that goes for your daddies too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget your camera IngerDoodle because the perfect photo is waiting for you, I just know it is!!

      Hi Ho and Toodley Do!!

      Delete
  6. The furs are so pretty
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I want some of that yarn! But it would be so hard to choose! How about let Sophie scope one out for me, Ron? I am the recipient of a friend's wonderful wool from her sheep shearing efforts. I have cleaned some of it, making a nice collection of earth tones. I bought a drop spindle after attending a class on how to spin wool. Ha, what was I thinking? Yeah, like I said, how about you and Sophie pick one out for me? Aloha! Great shots, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh this is so great to hear about your interest in spinning and sheep wool. Don't you just love the whole feeling surrounding wool!!

      We will be heading back some day this summer to see more sheep and llamas as well.

      Cheers!!

      Delete
  8. What beautiful photos. The wool is incredible - what colors and textures! I'm glad that your world is complete, Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Hi KB!
      The variety of wool is all-consuming when we visit these kind of places. I really liked the Icelandic pelt but hoped it was an ethical choice for them to add to their inventory.

      Sophie was quite interested in the lambs. Her sniffing alarm was in high gear!

      Cheers!
      Ron

      Delete
  9. Oh, all those gorgeous yarns! I would have been in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a bath tub full ~ I give you permission to jump in, Kay!!

      Cheers!!

      Delete
  10. That first photo is spectacular, Ron! I showed it to Terry, and he said, "Ron does such amazing things with photography!" It's true! That wool shop and farm is fabulous. I love how all the old crafts are reviving! Take care my friend! My computer is about to go dark and hibernate for a bit! Hugs to you and SD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a grand trip you guys!!

      ENJOY "the boot"!!!!!

      Delete
    2. PS: that 1st picture is the road we cycled on in Gaspereau Valley so many years ago!!!!

      Delete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!