Tuesday, June 6, 2017

GOING DOWN THE ROAD


 Seriously getting out on the road
really opens your eyes 
to new and fresh
views
so put on your caps
and 
allow me ~~


in the middle of the province
on roads just off the main drag of everyday life 
I found these homes, abodes and four legged creatures


old weathered barn wood
in many forms 
from actual buildings to farm carts 


to seeing the age and weather worn stories behind these beauties


sensing the speed of the moment 
in this moment of calm


wondering who built this building 
fitting perfectly into the setting


remembering the adage
that when cows lay down
that the weather will become rainy or at least cloudy


 half way there to either rain or sun


horses many of them feeding in delight
transfixed on this moment


a quick dash across the road in front of us
'a deer' 


and
'going down the road'
as literal as 
can be expected



I include this 2011 trailer of a sequel to the original 1970 movie
called "Going Down The Road"
~
thanks for indulging my trip today
Cheers as always.

16 comments:

  1. Sophie has an exceptionally keen eye and a great imagination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teacher extraordinaire with a Doodle Flare!!!!

      Delete
  2. And those were the days!!! Love every photo , sunshine, memories, and the old barns. There were a lot when we went for a drive on Sunday, but NO stopping places that were safe and in the right spot. Cattle, I will now always wonder what the weather will be???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cattle for the rain,
      Crows for number counting,
      Sophie Doodle for hugs
      and
      well that's enough, eh.

      Delete
  3. You are a true 'day tripper'....yeah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ♫♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♫♪

      Delete
  4. Marvellous photos and words Sophie. Where did the road take you ? Fundy ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Upper and Middle Musquodoboit Valley area.

      Cheers!!

      Delete
  5. That's a helluva barn! I loved the old "Goin' Down the Road" movie but I have not yet seen the sequel -- I must remedy that asap! The trailer looks excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Debra ~ 1970 was a life time ago, eh ?!
      Sequel time.

      Yes the barns are prolific I suspect I'll find more in our travels.

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful place Ms. Sophie
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post, Ron! The photos are fabulous! Incredible textures. I hadn't heard of "Going Down the Road" or its sequel, but I'll keep my eyes open in case one or the other comes up on my cable service. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Louise!
      If you have a chance to view the movies | do take that chance.
      I am always amazed at the fact that from the early 70`s onward your world did not revolve around so much of the culture that I grew up in. I think of you as a Nova Scotia / Canadian !! So much has been put straight for me since we have re-connected.
      Cheers as always!
      Ron

      Delete

This 'DOODLE' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!