Saturday, October 1, 2011

Liquid Refreshment!

 Since I live very close to the ocean,
the chances are that 
visiting the beach,
any beach
will happen
daily.
 Sometimes I will take a couple minutes
before I enter the water.
I guess it depends on
whether I want to cool off,
 or have a sip,
just kidding
salty ocean water
is a
no-no
I learned that
mighty quickly
a couple years ago
when I arrived at the beach
and proceeded to avail myself of the liquid refreshment.
 later that night
"yowie zowie"
it came out both ends.
 So now I wait until I get into the car
or get back home before I quench my thirst.
 Such is the drinking life of a doodle on the east coast of Canada.
Now let's see,
Is there any fresh water here?
nope
none here
what is this that I see in the water, anyway?

18 comments:

  1. Water, water everywhere......

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors in the rocks contrasting with the sky is very distracting from my cold rainy day here on the east coast of Michigan. Stop that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like picture #6! Nice shot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An important lesson learned! Yowie Zowie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those pictures of you with your head in the water are hilarious..
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOL!! Our cousin Quigley went to the beach once and we're told he became a "chocolate fountain!" He hasn't gotten to go back :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Water draws some of us, Sophie. Best not to try to deny it, because it fills an important part of our souls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sophie!
    Wow, that salt water must just be for going swimmie and splashie and not drinkie! It sure is pretty and fun though!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so lucky to live near the beach. Looks like you could never run out of things to investigate there:)

    Mocha Barney, Ashley Pumpernickel and Winniechurchill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Water, water everywhere.......

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice day for a ocean visit. And yes stay away from the liquid refreshment the ocean offers!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sophie, I'm sorry that you had a difficult lesson to learn about salt-water...But think you see in the water all the amazing memories and connection that you and your Dad's have to it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful spot, Sophie girl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You definitely have gorgeous beaches, there's no doubt about that!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I wish I could run on that beach with you Sophie!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  16. I did that too, Sophie, but I'm not sure I've learned my lesson yet. They just need to take me to the beach more often!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The ocean looks so cool and refreshing today!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I bet you learned that lesson quick...great photos..

    ReplyDelete

This 'doodle' is looking forward to your comment....don't be shy...all I do is SNIFF & LICK!